Satlook Lite versus First Strike FS1 (or something else)?

c128

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows 8 HTPC running Mediaportal (client) connected to an Argus TV server. TBS6981, TBS6280 and Hauppauge HVR4000 in the TV server.

Triax TD78 dish + Multiblock with Invacom Quad (28.2E), Alps Singles (19.2E and 13E).
My Location
Norwich
Having trouble deciding between a Satlook Like and a First Strike FS1, although I have at least ruled out my choice being between an FS1 and a Sathero SH200 :) (thanks to helpful responses on this thread) :

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...ale-just-%A399-1-week-only-2.html#post1014391

I guess my aims are rather limited, but I'm a bit fussy, and I quite like tweaking and fiddling with stuff to get the best that I can :-) .
Anyway, I'm looking for a meter around the £150-ish mark (or a bit more/less) that will support: a future setup (from the UK) of 9E,13E,16E,19E (probably) on a TD dish with multi-bracket, general setup of 28E dishes here and there and a BADR4 "experiment" over Xmas. I might do something more involved in the future, and general "tweaking", but nothing motorised.

I was basically sold on the FS1, but when my multi-bracket comes on-line I'd ideally like to check the setup from indoors now and again, so I guess that really means DiSEqC support as it will be on a 4:1 switch.

So - it's DiSEqC, plus at least the interest value of the spectrum analyser, that's now drawing me towards the Satlook Lite, as price-wise the FS1 and Satlook Like look like they can be had for around £160.

I've basically yet to read much bad about the FS1, and only some mention of failure rates for the Satlook Lite (but can't find much evidence).
If the FS1 isn't really better in some respect, then I'd like to go for the Satlook Lite as DiSEqC support would be useful...

Any views or experiences comparing the two, in light of the above?
Or does another meter around the same price-point throw an interesting spanner into the works?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Apologies for the unnecessary Edit ............ pulled your Post out of the Moderation queue and assumed the live link was an external one. It isn't! :D

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Just to throw another spanner in the works, the new First Strike FS2 LITE meter will be available in the new year, (hopefully January) this will have Diseqc.
We will have stock once available.

DragonSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD (DRX890C with 2TB Drive) connected to a boring basic sky dish
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
Sky ITA - Not yet connected
My Location
York
Is there a ball park price for the FS2-Lite and ProHD yet?

c128

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows 8 HTPC running Mediaportal (client) connected to an Argus TV server. TBS6981, TBS6280 and Hauppauge HVR4000 in the TV server.

Triax TD78 dish + Multiblock with Invacom Quad (28.2E), Alps Singles (19.2E and 13E).
My Location
Norwich
cdtronix said:
Just to throw another spanner in the works, the new First Strike FS2 LITE meter will be available in the new year, (hopefully January) this will have Diseqc.
We will have stock once available.

Aha - that does throw a spanner in the works :) - I didn't realise the FS2 will support Diseqc .
This would be my preferred choice, as if the FS1 supported Diseqc then I'd buy it now.

Do you have any general idea about when it will become available and a ballpark idea of the price?

c128

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Norwich
c128 said:
Aha - that does throw a spanner in the works :) - I didn't realise the FS2 will support Diseqc .
This would be my preferred choice, as if the FS1 supported Diseqc then I'd buy it now.

Do you have any general idea about when it will become available and a ballpark idea of the price?

Oops - I see the first part of this has already been answered, and the second part already asked by someone else ;-)

I've only seen the detail on First Strike's main web-page about the FS2, so this:

_http://firststrikemeters.com/fs2.html

...hadn't realised that an FS2-Lite had been announced:

_http://firststrikemeters.blogspot.com/2011/11/long-awaited-arrival-of-first-meter-in.html

Might hang on until the new year for this, assuming there isn't a big price hike from the FS1.

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
c128 said:

A hardware production run is going on as we speak, there are a few minor issues being addressed, they was hoping to release the FS2 Lite before xmas but its not going to happen until January now.
Pricing we still do nto know yet, but soon as we are informed we will post details here.

The FS2 Lite is an improved version of the FS1 with DiSEqC, then there will also be 2 more models coming out next year, the FS2 HD & FS2 Pro.