scandinavian canal+ cards

john evans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 5400 ci 80cm motorised dish
My Location
south wales
after reading conflicting reports that the cards need a dedicated box,or need to be paired with a box,is there anyone here that has bought a card and could let me know how there getting on and who they bought it from .i want one but a bit confused at the moment and the price please thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
I didn't think Conax cards needed to be paired :confused

Are you sure your not getting mixed up with the Scandinavian Viasat cards ?

Viasat much like UK Sky uses NDS . NDS always requires its cards to be married to a dedicated propriety receiver from the card provider upon activation :-righton

I've never come across a Conax card yet that requires it to be paired to a receiver :D

:-beer

Nano

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes, no pairing is needed. Works fine in any dream or AZ box.

Prices are discussed in another thread, search and You will find:)

BTW, Viasat is also working fine.

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
nanochickin said:
I've never come across a Conax card yet that requires it to be paired to a receiver :D

Canal Digital, when they replaced their cards this year, claimed one of the reasons was to pair cards to a specific receiver. It doesn't actually seem to have happened. Whether that is "yet" or "can't be done" isn't very clear.

john evans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 5400 ci 80cm motorised dish
My Location
south wales
thanks for the replies,some dealers are trying to sell the cards with a box and some are not . i was trying to find someone with a card who could tell me whats what thanks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace 2600
samsung dsr9500
greek nova official stb
My Location
Greece
Hi there
I am running a canal+ norweigen card throught a smart wi card splitter into 2 manhattan receivers and 1 mvision receiver with no problems whatsoever.