My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 600pvr
Andrews 1.2m Dish
12 inch Actuator
V-Box
50 Inch Sony Lcd TV
My Location
Scotland
I installed a 1.1m triax dish on a technomate motor, on a 2inch ,2mm thick wall steel pole using 18inch t&k brackets. the t & k brackets were 15 inches apart as that was all the wall would allow. The pole went up another 2 foot and the dish and motor was connected, my mate says the installation fell!!!:mad::mad:

the coach bolts used were m8 80mm and there was 2 on t bracket and 3 on k, they were solid, everything was.

can anyone recommend a way to stop this happening again or am i just going to have to tell my mate that the area is far to wind exposed for that weight of dish?

the installation has to be lifted above a wall so it can turn freely, i cant lower it

help appreciated

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
What were the Coach Bolts binding on?

They should be in brick or stone, not in mortar courses.

Some pics uploaded to the Forum might help.

hibees04

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 600pvr
Andrews 1.2m Dish
12 inch Actuator
V-Box
50 Inch Sony Lcd TV
My Location
Scotland
Tivù said:
What were the Coach Bolts binding on?

They should be in brick or stone, not in mortar courses.

Some pics uploaded to the Forum might help.

they were attached to brick, it is old brick on an old house, all was solid as a rock, is it possible that it is too exposed? as the winds are bad up there but i dont have anywere else to put it

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It depends why it failed. Coach bolts/rawl plugs are not strongest fixing, also if put in too close the the top of the brickwork, that may cause it to fail too. Also 15 inches is too close together.

futumsch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, Pace MSS500 (analog) 19e
1m Channel Master fixed 26e, 1m dish, SG-100 motor, Inverto Black Ultra. Pace MSP 200, Humax F1 VACI
Jaeger 1224 mid restored. Fibo 1.2m.
My Location
Midlands, UK
I've had to put antennas up in Africa with the most appauling brick quality - something akin to Rice Krispy cakes. What worked extremely well and what I would recommend is to use Fischer studding and epoxy resin injection. Its a permanent installation and you won't get the bolts out again, so you have to get it right first time.
Take care if your using it on a hot day in hot bricks, the epoxy will set in less than a minute.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Its best to fix such loads with high performance a polyester anchoring system or similar. Its a 2 part mix that you pump into the hole and it sticks like hell when it sets. Its on E*** look under resin fixing.