Setting up my Wave Frontier T90

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
I have resurrected my T90 having been away for a year and this thread has been pure inspiration!

Poster 1 - Hakon, you are my hero!

I want to put 28e to 12.5w - and this thread seems to suggest the way to get the most out of a T90 (as I had always thought) is to stick 9/10e in the middle of the pole.

28.2e to 12.5w certainly seems a possibility having looked at this T90 masters and I will be giving it a go later this week.

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
Theres no problem to grab 28,2e-12,5w,it works great even with the original LNBholders.
Why not 15w,lots of nice stuff in combo with the Dreambox

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
Unfortunately no dream box here, only standard fta receivers + SkyStar 2 card for 4:2:2 though ÍI might need a lesson on how to configure that properly with ProgDVB as my Diseqc switching didnt work last timeI tried it.

Will try 28.2 <-> 12.5w tomorrow and report back - once again Hakon, you are my hero.

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
Well bad news, anything past 7e is not receivable in my location, probably due to trees and house in the way so I have opted for:

36e, 28.2e, 23.5e, 19.2e (now in centre of pole), 16e, 13e, 10e, 7e

I get nothing from the West at all, zero signal pushing an LNB up the pole millimetre by millimetre.

I tried 28.2 and 26e and although I can get both simultaneously, better reception on one brings the quality of the other down on my meter. They are so close so I went for 23.5e in the end, though there is bugger all to watch on there.

I currently have this switched with 2 x 4way Diseqc switches and one direct connection to Sky box - any better suggestions for how I might have done the switching ?

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
jno said:
Well bad news, anything past 7e is not receivable in my location, probably due to trees and house in the way so I have opted for:

36e, 28.2e, 23.5e, 19.2e (now in centre of pole), 16e, 13e, 10e, 7e

I get nothing from the West at all, zero signal pushing an LNB up the pole millimetre by millimetre.

I tried 28.2 and 26e and although I can get both simultaneously, better reception on one brings the quality of the other down on my meter. They are so close so I went for 23.5e in the end, though there is bugger all to watch on there.

I currently have this switched with 2 x 4way Diseqc switches and one direct connection to Sky box - any better suggestions for how I might have done the switching ?
If you want 8 LNB i will suggest 1 EMP Centauri ProfiLine P168-W.v2 works with DisEqC 1,1 or 1,2 reciever.
There would not be any problem with the T-90 in Austria.
You know the site
_http://www.satlex.de/de/wavefrontier_calc.html
And you do know that you must from start diside what satellite you want grab?
Calculate and find out what satellite there should be in the "middle"
Tune the dish for best signal for the "middle" sat,fasten the nuts
Then place the far east LNB and and the far west LNB for the best signal you can get. dont forget "SKEW" on the dish.You should do the skewadjustment jumping between eastLNB and the westLNB.
You have also skew on most of the LNB.
The mountingpole must be 100% straight