Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If its clear Christmas Eve theres a reasonably bright pass of the International Space Station - a nice way to get the kids excited by pointing out "Santa in his sleigh" :D

Rises in the west at 1718ish UK time , highest at 1720ish and sets in the east at 1722ish. Scotland isnt great, it'll be better further south.

Its not the best pass ever - last years was much better, but it'll impress the kids. It wont be particularly high - even in London its only going to reach 15 degrees elevation but c'mon its a chance to see Santa!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Is the bearing due south for ISS? Absolute crapper of a weather here - it was clear skies all day yesterday... Sod's Laws :(

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not sure exactly where you are CJ but these are the details for Salisbury - that'll be close enough for Somerset

Image1.jpg

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
That's close enough to me. Will have a gander ... but not hopeful.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I saw it! Bright and clear here. Was just a fast moving dot that would be better seen with a telescope or binoculars. It was also a lot higher than I thought it would be.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
If its clear Christmas Eve theres a reasonably bright pass of the International Space Station - a nice way to get the kids excited by pointing out "Santa in his sleigh" :D

Rises in the west at 1718ish UK time , highest at 1720ish and sets in the east at 1722ish. Scotland isnt great, it'll be better further south.

Its not the best pass ever - last years was much better, but it'll impress the kids. It wont be particularly high - even in London its only going to reach 15 degrees elevation but c'mon its a chance to see Santa!
Sods law......read the post at 17-50..........And its crystal clear here with a bright moon.