sirius nordic beam very weak now in central europe!

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hi there!
last weak i recogneized,that the sirius nordic beam in 12 ghz range,is much weaker here now then one year ago,on the sifi tv 4 channel yesterday i got with 1,25 gregory only a signal between 5,3 db cloude sky and nearly 6db on clear sky,this is aproximently 2 db lower then on eurobird 25.,8 osn transponder with the same dish size,when this sirius satellites will be raplaced?
when i look on lyngsat,there is another nordic beam,witht some regional channels,i have signal on tv3 denmark norway etc very weak hard on limit,but not on all,maybe the beam is not the same,long time not checked this satellite psotions!
it also have an africa beam,on this bird,but i read never reception reports abouts this beam?

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Hehehe...very strong here in Sweden on my SMW 20cm dish with a peak of around 61dBW i beleive.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
yes i belive you:)
try to catch the satellite without a dish,and tell us the result,maybe it works:)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Turok said:
try to catch the satellite without a dish,and tell us the result,maybe it works:)

This reminds me of back in the early 90s I managed to pick up a sparklie analogue picture from Tele-X in Helsinki by just pointing an old BSB LNB in the right direction in the sky (with a blob of blutack stuck down the feedhorn to covert it from right circular polarisation to left!). I'm sure with a proper LNB nearer the centre of the spot beam in Sweden it would have been even more impressive.

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Turok said:

Yes i will try today.