Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
tom_101 said:
Danit,
could you please tell me with which firmware version does the new Sky card work in your Vantage HD? Did you spot any problem with overheating or is everything fine? Thanks a lot for reply.
non official 2.52 (but it worked with previous versions too), I haven't installed the latest 2.53 yet

any overheating problem for me

owenski

davemurgtroyd said:
New Sky "white" cards will NOT work in any CAM at present (TRex, Dragon or Diablo) and I personally believe the firmware will never be updated now to allow their use as the developers/hackers have now moved on to other things. The only non Sky receivers now capable of using Sky white cards are Linux based ones with appropriate software.

This is not entirely correct as I currently am using my new white sky card in my diablo light cam loaded with firmware 184.

The problem im having with this cam at the moment is although it works ok with the new white sky cards it will not let you open the premium channels such as movies and sport from the card.

I have asked many questions on other forums on if there is a way to enter in my Boxkey to the diablo firmware and the answer always is no.

I have since had to cancel the sky movies off my sky package and Im now just on the sky basic package. But im not worried about this as there is many other movie channels on other satellites.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Sky UK have deliberately implemented this feature, to stop C/S, the basic channels always worked in the Diabo, and Dragon, cams without the need of the box key, this was always reserved for the premium channels.
Other major providers might also upgrade their encryption, in the future, to attempt to stop C/S, Sky Italy seem to trying something now.
There might be a new cam, or software, released to allow us to view the premium channels, but Sky will continue to try to stop us viewing their premium channels in non official receivers.
It might be worth checking the Dreambox section as these, and other linux receivers, seem to be working with the new Sky cards.
C/S = Card Sharing.

Masoud_h

My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
owenski said:
This is not entirely correct as I currently am using my new white sky card in my diablo light cam loaded with firmware 184.

The problem im having with this cam at the moment is although it works ok with the new white sky cards it will not let you open the premium channels such as movies and sport from the card.

I have asked many questions on other forums on if there is a way to enter in my Boxkey to the diablo firmware and the answer always is no.

I have since had to cancel the sky movies off my sky package and Im now just on the sky basic package. But im not worried about this as there is many other movie channels on other satellites.

OH !!!:eek: that's great news for diablo's users.
but unfortunately it still doesn't work on my T-Rex 4.6 with the least Predasaur 230 or Predator370!
any new guys ?? is there any other cam except diablo to use with new white cards?
i really hate my sky box and love to get sky with my humax again
helpppp:-worship

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
The basic channels, that's Sky 1 etc, should still work, but the premium channels, which include the Movies & Sports packages will not.
Have you had your old card working in the Dragon/T-Rex Cam before in this receiver?
If not then the most basic error is inserting the card the wrong way round, it needs to go into the cam with the chip facing upwards, different to the card slot on a receiver.
There is a new Diablo Cam due out in a couple of weeks that might resolve the issue, otherwise you might need to get a Linux based HD receiver.

Masoud_h

My Satellite Setup
Humax iCord HD
SKY+HD
HP Pavilion dv9000
My Location
UK
Mickha said:
The basic channels, that's Sky 1 etc, should still work, but the premium channels, which include the Movies & Sports packages will not.
Have you had your old card working in the Dragon/T-Rex Cam before in this receiver?
If not then the most basic error is inserting the card the wrong way round, it needs to go into the cam with the chip facing upwards, different to the card slot on a receiver.
There is a new Diablo Cam due out in a couple of weeks that might resolve the issue, otherwise you might need to get a Linux based HD receiver.

Thanks for reply !
yes it used to work with my old card and receiver but it won't work with my new white card and the same cam and receiver,
I didn't check the basic channels, I used to use it to get Natgeo HD< History HD etc, but now nothing!
well, the only reason I like to use my own STB is, I can easily record programs and transfer them to my computer for my archive! that is it.
then we have to wait right ?
do you thing there is any chance to get a new(update) file for T-Rex 4.6 to make it alive again or it's time to get rid of this and wait for new cams to come ?
thanks

pajo100

My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Has the card swop been completed yet as old yeller is still clearing basic channels.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
pajo100 said:
Has the card swop been completed yet as old yeller is still clearing basic channels.

No it hasnt, and theres plenty of reports around that the blue cards are slowly being turned off.

DigitalDelboy

My Satellite Setup
FireDTV, DVBViewer, etc.
My Location
South UK
Anyone know if the new Diablo 2 will work with premium channels on S*y ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
No reports as of yet but the only file currently available turns it into a basic card reader, hopefully there will be more information, and new files, next week.

mikeyranks

My Satellite Setup
Samsung LE32AWX550 Sky+HD ps3 up to 20mb broadband
My Location
London
Does anyone know if this works? The white Sky card and sky hd box is standard now but I want to replace it but keep all my channels.

mikeyranks

My Satellite Setup
Samsung LE32AWX550 Sky+HD ps3 up to 20mb broadband
My Location
London
mikeyranks said:
Does anyone know if this works? The white Sky card and sky hd box is standard now but I want to replace it but keep all my channels.

I'm particularly interested in whether Sports HD and Movies will carry accross.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
This thread started over a year ago, since then official support for the Dragon Cam has ended so this wont work with the new Sky card.
As for the Diablo 2 cam I don't know.
Check the linux receivers section, as they seem to be the best bet, but even they are not guaranteed to work forever with the new cards, but are probably the best option.

QWEREWQ

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
TWINHAN-USB-NO CI-CORE2DUO-4GB RAM
My Location
Egypt
you deleted my post,thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - an off topic rant on a topic that has been unused for 18 months..

QWEREWQ

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
TWINHAN-USB-NO CI-CORE2DUO-4GB RAM
My Location
Egypt
not off topic
the topic is about encryption
and really i dont know problems with PayTV yet

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member