Sky no satellite signal being received

Malcolm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic sky
My Location
Belgium
Hi newbie here. Need some help please. Looking at 28.2, got 100% signal strength and approx 60-70% quality. System worked fine last night, Wednesday, as all my programms recorded no problem. However this morning, Thursday, checked system and was told no sat signal being received. Checked "services" and it showed 100% SS and 60-70% Quality. System was tuned to Sky Living +1 and was cracking up. Tried unplugging box, and got the usual "looking for channels", however it kept telling me no sat signal being received.

It seems I am getting a good reception one minute and nothing the next. Have very recenty bought a new LNB, checked all connections and they seem good, no corrosion. Could my receiver be at fault. Have nobody in my area to check receiver on their system!

Thanks for any help.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
You should get a good signal in your location so it is either the Lnb,Tuner or cable connections or your dish is not set up for maximum signal ?ASTRA_2F_europe_ku_band_beam_L.jpg

Attachments

• ASTRA_2EFG_UK_ku_band_spotbeam_M.jpg
    ASTRA_2EFG_UK_ku_band_spotbeam_M.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 56

Malcolm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic sky
My Location
Belgium
Am getting 100% signal strength and 60-70% quality, as said. Question is why does it keep droping out?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The signal and quality reading only relate to one frequency, so could still be alignment issues, tree branches moving into the dish's path, moisture in the cable etc, or even the box power supply failing.

Last edited:

Mark_C89

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+HD Box 250GB
Digital Maxx 1.1M Dish
LG 42" LD450
My Location
Poland
Could be your box.

I have recently had a lot of problems with my setup, however after correcting all of that and getting back on track, my box is still not working properly.
I get the same situation, shows such signals but no picture, to fix this I either have to press record and then change channels, then it will work. If not then I have to reset my box, a right pain! But could possibly be the same for you