Skylink card for 23e

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
Just got our skylink card sent from slovakia, put it into the TM1500super+ and "invalid card" message comes up. I have checked the website and the card is registered so its alright on that front. On the menu page under CA the word SECA appears. Anyone know what that means? On the smart card itself it has IRDETA and cryptoworks in small print. I"ve tried the card both ways upside down etc, still no good. Going to call the company in slovakia on tues but just wondered if its anything I"m supposed to do with the reciever.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Skylink appears to be encrypted in cryptoworks, can the TM emulate cryptoworks?

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 super combo, motorized and oval dish
My Location
London
I can confirm that sky link is incrypted in cryptoworks.As long the card is registered there should not be a problem.Try to insert the card and unplug your receiver and plug it back in.;)

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
Just tried that unplugging the receiver and no joy with that. Any other ideas? Shall I try a factory reset on the receiver?
Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dannan said:
Just tried that unplugging the receiver and no joy with that. Any other ideas? Shall I try a factory reset on the receiver?
Thanks

Well it depends what it has been flashed with, if it was unofficial firmware then you would lose that and revert to manufacturers firmware and I do not know if cryptoworks is supported in that firmware

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
I haven"t patched the receiver or added anything. The only thing to lose would be the channels and how I"ve arranged them in order etc. You know the TM1500super+, has multicrypt, does that mean it accepts any card?
I rechecked the website and its confirmed that the card was activated on &th april..

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It should therefore support cryptoworks them as per the pdf manual attached. You would gain nothing by doing a factory reset apart from losing all your existing setup and channels unless you backed them up. It may be that a signal also need to tbe sent to the card to activate it OTA, I suggest you find the correct way to put the card in, do that then switch off the stb, switch on again and leave overnight on that channel.

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
That makes alot of sense actually. The signal is a bit moody sometimes and the weather conditions since friday wont have helped. If a signal needs to activate the card then perhaps thats the problem. I"ll try that and thanks for your advice. I"ll let you know the outcome.

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
Went to the sat shop today tried the card in the receiver there and it worked so now I"m wondering if its the TM 1500 I"ve got. I downloaded the latest TM loader, still no luck. The thing which I dont understand is the "SECA" which appears under the smart card section when it should say cryptoworks. Any help appreciated.

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
I have this problem running on another thread also but pehaps this section is better suited. The problem I have is that my new skylink/cryptoworks card, bought and registered in Slovakia and posted over, doesn"t work in my TM1500ci super+ at 23" e. The card is certainly valid as I took it to a local satellite shop yesterday and it worked in their Receiver. In my receiver, in the menu under smart card, it reads as SECA and all the channels are scrambled. I downloaded TMLoader from the official TM website to update but that doesn"t help. Do I need a CAM? Is my receiver no good for this card or perhaps faulty? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dannan said:
I downloaded TMLoader from the official TM website to update but that doesn"t help.

I am reluctant to respond to this as there is already a thread running about this problem so why start another?

I do not know the TM at but I suspect downloading a loader is not going to change anything, you need to backup the exisiting setup to PC and then using the TM loader install the latest firmware from the TM website to your stb then restore the sats and channel line-up from stored backup.

I have decided to merge threads and leave in encryption forum as your problems are really all about encryption not pc cards

robbiemcd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 6800 +diablo - im motorised dish
My Location
belfast
i use an offical diema card in a 1500ci and its cryptoworks - its just patches witht he latest -technomate patch and it works - however on all other technomates i need a cryptoworks cam - other wise the card doe not receive it's monthly update s

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
Thanks, Where can I find that patch you talk about please? I"d like to give that a try.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Probably over at the dark place :eek:

Just google magic patch and you will come across it eventually.

:-beer

Nano

dannan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE1500
My Location
COULSDON
Just to let you all know that I"ve sorted it. I downloaded the latest software from TM website, 1.8.9 version. I"d tried this before but after the download it stated, 1.65 detected but this time I pressed connect again and it downloaded the 1.8.9 version. Trial and error. Now I have nothing to resolve . I was enjoying that in a way however frustrating. Thanks to those who offered help and advice. I"ve left presents on your front lawns. Go on have a look.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I am glad you are sorted anyhow...

hieagal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am from SMIT
My Location
China
we produce CAMs for many operators in China ,the CAMs are produced with regional Code ,of course you cant use a slovakia baught smart card.
But I think you can try a slovalia CAM to encrypt that smart card, maybe work. any more discussion about CAMs , you are welcomed add me