Smart titanium quad lnb problem.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Well, I just got back from a few days away to be greeted by the "No satellite signal" message on the screen. It seems that one input on the Smart LNB has gone down. Can anybody recommend a brand of replacement LNB (using Triax dish - non sky type) or just stick to the Smart one. Cheers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Inverto Blacks are good value.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Have not had much to do with the Inverto. How good are they? :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
They are normally very sensitive, although if you are using it for the strong European birds any old scaffy lnb out of the spares bin will work fine.

Im still using some of the first ones I bought 10 years ago when I got into the hobby. The dB levels on them are horrible, but they do fine on the strong stuff.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Will have to give it some thought. I'm surprised the Smart has suffered an input failure as normally they are pretty good!

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
As Analoguesat says pretty much any LNB will do as long as it has the right number of outputs for your needs and fits the dish in question if you are looking at the higher powered satellites, like the ones Sky use.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
I won't be searching weaker satellites so it looks like a standard quad lnb will be needed. Thanks for the advice, peeps! :)