Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
Crisbe said:
Is that the TV that you can't get the sound on or is that the one that does give the sound?
The Sony model you mention is multi standard and should be able to handle PAL and Secam via the analogue tuner but I don't know if it is only PAL I on a UK model.
thats the tv that gives no sound

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
Which method are you using to input the signal. Ie: Scart, HDMI, coax etc.

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
i have conected it via scart then i have used normal coax for other tv.
i just dont understand why i dont get sound on my sony tv yet sound works fine on other tvs

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
Have you tried it with coax instead of the scart? I am just wondering if the scart in the Sony needs to see a switching voltage (I think it is on pin 8 in a scart connection, although it is so long since I did any TV repairs for myself that I am not certain) and the Dreambox isn't putting out one. I know the Sky box puts out a switching voltage if it is set up to do it, which will make some TVs switch to the scart input when a voltage appears on it, but I don't know about the Dreambox or indeed the Sony.
It seems strange that you get a picture via the scart but no sound. Without knowing either unit it is difficult to help.
Do you have to select the scart input via the remote control?
Has the TV got more than one scart and if so are you in the correct one?
Are you using exactly the same cable and input when you connect the sky box as you are when you connect the Dreambox? If you are, try selecting that scart on the TV via the remote while it is showing the picture but no sound. It could be that the scart is not fully "open" without being selected either manually or by a switching voltage.
The only way really is to slowly eliminate one thing at a time. Sorry I can't be any more help. I have tried to tell you all the things I would do if I was in the same situation. I would still make sure that the Dreanbox is giving PAL I output though just to be sure.

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
hello all

thank you so much for all ur help. finaly got it to work

many thanks​

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
parm21 said:
hello all

thank you so much for all ur help. finaly got it to work

many thanks​

Thanks for letting us know - what exactly was wrong, in the end?

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
had to change the freq on dreambox from 555 to 600.
whats strange is thats it was only happening on one tv

thanks agian

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
Hi Parm,
So glad to hear you got it working, I can only assume the other sets are okay with multi frequency inputs and the Sony just likes one or two frequencies. I must admit that it does seem strange though.
Happy listening.