Advice Needed Spiderbox 9000hd

WBAndy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish 28.2
My Location
Wiltshire
Hello,
I have purchased a spiderbox 9000hd and was hoping someone could help please.
The picture freezes and sometimes the box reboots. I have updated the channel list but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction with links for updated firmware (and the process if possible please).
I have looked at loads of threads and can say that all the channels are doing this at times.
I am not asking for anything that cannot be discussed, just the latest firmware or flash (whatever it is called......lol)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Andy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ignoring the encrypted services for now is the box freezing on free channels. If so that may suggest you have a local interference issue, foliage dropping down into the dish line of sight, water in the cabling, a misaligned dish etc.

WBAndy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish 28.2
My Location
Wiltshire
Thanks for reply......I only have the fta channels and it appears to be on all of them as my signal is fine....(i also have an F5 box so just replaced that. The signal on that is fine) that is why i am either thinking old firmware or maybe the box is just on its way out?
Cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Quite a few Spiderboxes have exhibited this problem, after a certain time, usually the problems start on HD channels, and the SD channels work fine.
Some have been fixed, using the Spiderbox recovery tool, but most seem to be a hardware problem.
I assume you bought the receiver second hand, and it might have been sold due to this problem.
You can try the Spiderbox 9000 HD recovery tool, spider RS232 Bin_100629, but you'll need a null modem cable and a PC with a dedicated COM port, although some USB-Serial adapters have been known to work.
You could try backing up your channel list, doing a factory reset, then re-loading the last patch, for the Spiderbox 9000 HD, from 2012, later patches are only produced for IKS, a follow up to the original "gift".
Once done manually scan in a few channels, from whichever satellite your aligned to, preferably FTA HD, and SD, channels, and see if the problem still happens.

WBAndy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish 28.2
My Location
Wiltshire
It was second hand yeah, Cheers for advice, really appreciate it.
I will give it a go and see what happens.

My next venture will be a motorised dish i think and that will be a challenge so i am glad i found this site now..... (",)
I don't suppose you have a link to the correct patch do you?

cheers again

Andy

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Try an internet search for "Spiderbox 9000HD patch 2012" you should soon find it.
It could be that the seller knew the problem and has already tried the software options, including the recovery tool, which is why he sold it.
I hope you get it working as it's not a bad receiver.