Sponsors please note

Muddywellies

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Moteck SG2100A TM6900HDCombo Invacom SNH-031.
PC stuff nothing special.
My Location
N. Devon, UK
This is my first post, I don't have any satellite tv stuff and my region goes digital in July! Like everyone starting out with sat tv I'm fearful of not having all the info needed to make the right choice and get the best hardware from limited resources. So I've spent hours perusing this excellent site. Thank you everyone.

I arrived at these forums via the High Definition website which supports Paypal - my preferred internet payment system so I tend to use sites that support it.

I intend to take the Freesat route with the Humax Foxsat-HDR, most likely using a motorized dish (after reading that it can be done - thanks bigtone and Robbo).

But before doing so there's so much to consider!

I was initially impressed by the Fracarro dishes on the HD site but couldn't see whether or not the dishes were supplied with supports. I also could not discover whether or not to choose either the 'universal' or 'system' LNB's. Their contact page included no email link and since I have a speech impediment I prefer not to ask questions over the phone. Fortunately there is more than one sponsor that uses paypal with an email address. Among them Cdtronics.

But it's difficult to read the cdtronics site because of the poor contrast between the type face and the background. A very simple thing to change.

So I shall look to either/and Pulsat or Turbosat to supply my sat tv components once I've asked more questions here.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Welcome to the forum Muddywellies.

Reference the Fracarro dishes, they don't come with a wall bracket (I presume that's what you mean by support), most quality dishes don't come with a wall bracket, so that you can choose your bracket to suit the mounting location.

You need a Universal Quad LNB for a twin tuner HD receiver, a twin will do, but better to have the two spare outputs.

The High Definition contact page has their Email address under the physical address and landline phone numbers, just checked.:)

Muddywellies

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Moteck SG2100A TM6900HDCombo Invacom SNH-031.
PC stuff nothing special.
My Location
N. Devon, UK
Pleased to be here 'rolfw' and thanks for the update on the dish supports.

I can see why double outputs are required for the watching and recording but what's the thinking behind a quad or even an octo for a motorised dish?

I came here via 'hdshoponline' - also High Definition - see
[URL="http://www.hdshoponline.co.uk/contact-us-2-w.asp"[/URL]

You're right! They do have a contact email link right at the bottom of the page - which I overlooked because I was reading the upper section where the telephone and fax details are located immediately under their postal address and therefore did not scroll down through all the 'white paper' to the bottom before leaving.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, overlooked the bit about motorized.:) There is little difference in price between quad and twin, but it becomes awkward if sharing a motorised dish between different receivers, so you may as well use the twin for the single receiver.:)