Dreambox 600pvr
Andrews 1.2m Dish
12 inch Actuator
V-Box
50 Inch Sony Lcd TV
My Location
Scotland
Anyone ever used this setup?

I know that the channel master is a heavy dish but surely someone must have tested this.

is this motor fitted with these adaptors capable of driving this dish?

thinking of buying this setup as i know how to fit stab motors but never fitted an actuator

advice welcome

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
it would work but will be slow at moving and i doubt the motor will last long.

i have my 1metre channel master on a 1224 motor but they are sadly discontinued

it says in your my system you have a 12inch actuator if your just needing to replace it then just measure how much travel is used when the dish is on 1west and copy it over with the new one unwinding the actuator out to required length.

i would say fit the actuator as you will get help on here, i've only fitted one once but there is plenty of others to advise you

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Not advisable, severe backlash and as mentioned the life span of the motor would be very short. The best way to drive the Andrews120cm is with a 1224 or polar and jack.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you know how to fit a stab/ Diseqc/H-H motor properly, you won't have great problems with an actuator/polar mount, the basic principle is exactly the same, it just looks totally different.

I certainly would not put any decent quality 1.2m dish on a Diseqc motor and expect it to last very long, it will just wreck the motor, and most probably wake the whole neighbourhood every time you moved it.

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Some dudes on the american forum runs their CM120cm on a Stab motor, don't know how long it has lasted but i would not recommend it, they must have severe backlash on it.

I have a Jaeger 1224 on my CM120 and to be honest the dish is a bit too heavy even for that heavy duty motor, the CM dish is very heavy.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
I have a gilbertini 1.2 Dish fitted on a Stab 120hh Motor with 76mm Rings but I had to cut a squarish hole on the Bracket so as allow far Westerly and Easterly movements of the Dish otherwise the body of the Motor would have come in the way.....I have a moderate backlash but the motor is very quite although understandably slow but as regards the Channel Master, that I don't know. I already had it for nearly 2 years. Its the far right one in my Avatar.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
zorbua said:
I have a gilbertini 1.2 Dish fitted on a Stab 120hh Motor with 76mm Rings but I had to cut a squarish hole on the Bracket so as allow far Westerly and Easterly movements of the Dish otherwise the body of the Motor would have come in the way.....I have a moderate backlash but the motor is very quite although understandably slow but as regards the Channel Master, that I don't know. I already had it for nearly 2 years. Its the far right one in my Avatar.

Do you have a rear dish view image of the aforementioned out of interest?

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
satelliteman said:
Do you have a rear dish view image of the aforementioned out of interest?

I just went up and took a photo of it...

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 183

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Ah yes, nice modification :D

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Thats the only way I had to improvise to make workable...I had this Motor and wanted to see if it can really take a 1.2 so....that was the only way...anyway its been there for approx two years.....and it can really pan 45W to 65E very, very accurately.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, like it.:D:D

The dish looks too big for it, all that on that little motor.:-rofl2

But if it works, and has done for 2 years.... brilliant!

polonez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
winegard 1m.,stab hh-120,pansat 250
My Location
Poland
hi guys
Here is my balony set up . Stab hh 120 and Winegard 1.2 M dish . I had to use two halves of pcv tube to fit antenna mounting sleeve on motor post . I have this system up for 2 years now , so far so good.
Thanks

Attachments

• PB120160.jpg
    PB120160.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 123

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Lots of clearance on the Az/El bracket there.

Wrangles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hibees04 said:
Anyone ever used this setup?

I know that the channel master is a heavy dish but surely someone must have tested this.

is this motor fitted with these adaptors capable of driving this dish?

thinking of buying this setup as i know how to fit stab motors but never fitted an actuator

advice welcome

Hi Hebees,
yes, I tried this setup. A very heavy CM1.2 with AZEL mount on a STAB120 with the STAB adaptor rings fitted to a ground mount. As Wod mentioned, it travels extremely slowly and the motor gave up after about three months of "light" use. Its curently parked at 1W and only works when you "help it" move along. Definitely not recommended - you will be wasting your money - £80 down the drain for me. As the other posts recommed, try to get yourself a 36V 1224 motor or something similar - it'll be better in the long run.

Wrangles :-)

ryanair25

Crew
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm offset dish+manhattan plaza st500,
but would like to upgrade my system to receive freesat UK in the South of Italy.
My Location
TURI (BARI), APULIA, SOUTH ITALY
which dish do you use to get E4, ITV and C5??

Wrangles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm in Ireland so I use an old fixed 90cm dish that I had from the analogue days - just upgraded the LNB to a 0.2. I'd says its close to 15 years old at this stage and still working perfectly. Pulls in all of the frequencies at 28.8. I normally use the channelmaster for the other sats but I'm waiting on delivery of a new heavy duty motor and vbox - it should arrive tomorrow so looking forward to installing it at the weekend.