Time to get BBC channels

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
Now is the time to receive BBC channels from Astra 28,2.

I would like to buy this one:
eldanmark.dk/demo-brugt-marked-157/parabol-125-x-135-p3399

Is there anyone can tell me. Is it possible to receive signal from Astra 28.2 here in nordsjæland denmark. With this dish size?

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Galaxy,IBU single,Technomate 5402M3
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Now is the time to receive BBC channels from Astra 28,2.

I would like to buy this one:
eldanmark.dk/demo-brugt-marked-157/parabol-125-x-135-p3399

Is there anyone can tell me. Is it possible to receive signal from Astra 28.2 here in nordsjæland denmark. With this dish size?
I'd say yes(edited) but see what others say.Here's Analoguesat's reception map and 1.2 dishes aren't getting the spot beam(this carries the UK 's bbc and itv channels):
Analoguesat's Astra 2E UK reception reports
Try and find someone that can receive the BBC channels and check their dish size.Cheers
Edit:having looked at your precise location there is someone with a 1.2 that has reception but not much rain margin

Last edited:

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jesi,Italy

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
So MarkW you thick it will not be a problem to recessive BBC channels with 125x135?

And maybe I will wait for an answer from st1 :)

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Yes,I think so but,as you say,see what @st1 or others say.Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
So MarkW you thick it will not be a problem to recessive BBC channels with 125x135?

The map suggests a 1.2m will work up to a degree. Theres not much rain margin on the 1.2m report on my map so you may well lose reception in bad weather.

The problem with the spot beams on the new craft is that under extreme fringe reception conditions the signal strengths can vary wildly over a few km - so what works in the town down the road doesnt necessarily work at your location!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Also remember that since the map was made up the fecs have been increased on several transponders (especially those on the UK spots) so bigger dishes will now likely be indicated for some frequencies - and the HD services will almost certainly need bigger dishes just because they are DVB-S2.

A

Archive4

Just checked out the link on your first post. It states ex-demo with small bumps!
In a very fringe area I would go for a well known dish, IE, CM, Gibi, Laminas or similar BUT BRAND NEW WITHOUT BUMPS!

If the bump is in the wrong place, goodnight Vienna!
I would also advise waiting for the info from ST1 and others in your area before you proceed with a purchase

A

archive10

st1 is in your town and has a variety of dishes
Yes,I think so but,as you say,see what @st1 or others say.Cheers
I would also advise waiting for the info from ST1 and others in your area before you proceed with a purchase

...so no pressure, eh? :)

But Dia, as we discussed last year when I visited you, you should easily be able to recieve 28.2E well with a 120 cm dish.
Furthermore, you should have almost same performance as I have, as we are roughly aligned with the dB-lines for 28.2E.

The specific dish you are talking about looks like a Gibertini, but the el-danmark guy uses the same pic for several of his e-store items, so I wouldn't bank on it being a Gibertini.
But from the physical measurements, it's clear that the dish is really a 120 cm dish (working surface).
I think it will do, with only heavy rain blocking your signal.

Regarding LNB: If you only have a single receiver, get an Maximum XO-11, they're very good at the price.
If you're aiming for top-performance, get an Inverto Black Ultra Quad.
(Some people on this forum do not rate these very high - Nevertheless, I have had 4 or 5, and they have been consistent performers on 28.2E. I like them).

Extremely important: Do get you dish aligned properly, and then get the skew right.
You have a proper meter, so you should be able to do this yourself.
(And a lovely patio with clear view of 28.2E, and an understanding SWMBO, so you should be OK!)

But before you go and buy that slightly dented metal dish from El-danmark, I have an offer to make you:

I have a well-used Channel Master 120 (with a slightly cracked rim), with a pole mount (affixes to 50-75 mm diameter poles - much more versatile than the Az/El mount), but with a couple of lightly bent arms + slightly fractured LNB holder (but still functional). The arms needs straightening out a bit. @RimaNTSS would tell you to make some new ones, as the old don't allow much flexibility of multi-LNB configurations. but your should be able to start with the old arms - they still work.

I would ask you to pay a nominal fee (mostly for the mount), but at a much lower price of that than what Eldanmark is asking on his Web-site.
(We can talk on the phone about further details).

The dish is equivalent to the one you are thinking of buying, but made of glassfibre-reinforced plastic, and is proven (in my back-yard) to receive 28.2E...
(It is heavy, however, so you need to make sure your mounting pole is well-fixed to something sturdy.)

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
Thanks for all your input. St1 maybe it's a good opportunity for me to trying your dish,
because it worked for you.

I will call you in this week, I don't know if I have you number.