Tring Plus help please?

kevdhoushby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ HD sky World Package Samsung 7series 3D TV Triax TD110? Tringplus?
My Location
Tyne and Wear
All I know is that I need tring+ to recieve most of the Sunderland games in my home.
I want an HD reciever with recording capabilities, I also need advice on a 1m dish that will give me no problems with weather and the best picture quality possible. Also motorised.
I have heard about cams/cards etc, dont really understand. Basically want to have very few problems with quality, and with the potential to upgrade to viasat HD once I put the money away for next season.

Thanks.

LowNoiseBloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force Frontier 90,2xEmp-Centauri P168(28.2,23.5,19.2,16,13,9,5E,5W)
Vu+Duo2 & Now TV, Amazon Fire TV & Droidbox X7,
Buffalo Linkstation,
Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD,
Ubuntu/Fedora servers,
Technisat AirStar/Freeview.
My Location
South Staffs. U.K.
Be very careful before buying a Tring Plus card at the moment. There are many reports on other forums of Tring cards not clearing the Saturday 3pm and Sunday 4pm kick-offs.
My own card which is valid until November is no longer clearing these matches as it did last season. Some people are reporting difficulties with brand new cards.
So buyer beware.

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
LowNoiseBloke said:
Be very careful before buying a Tring Plus card at the moment. There are many reports on other forums of Tring cards not clearing the Saturday 3pm and Sunday 4pm kick-offs.
My own card which is valid until November is no longer clearing these matches as it did last season. Some people are reporting difficulties with brand new cards.
So buyer beware.

Ya ive seen this to with a cam the cards updates fine without cam the card has problems updating

kevdhoushby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ HD sky World Package Samsung 7series 3D TV Triax TD110? Tringplus?
My Location
Tyne and Wear
LowNoiseBloke said:
So buyer beware.

Cheers for your help.

martinuk said:
Ya ive seen this to with a cam the cards updates fine without cam the card has problems updating

So if I get a CAM I wont have these problems, as said above?

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
no mate just leave card in the cam you be ok
go on ebay here item no for cam you need Item number: 150564367329

LowNoiseBloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Buffalo Linkstation,
Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD,
Ubuntu/Fedora servers,
My Location
South Staffs. U.K.
The remarks I made in post #2 apply whether you use a Conax cam or a soft cam. There are currently issues relating to what channels these cards will open at certain times of the weekend. The Conax cam business is about getting a card activated in the first place. Once activated a soft cam will keep it updated. BUT the cam has no influence over what channels Tring allow you to view with the card. At the risk of breaking forum rules I advise you to look at the postings about this on the ***** site.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
:D But you haven't actually mentioned ***** :D

irishguy2002

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC
My Location
Northern Ireland
You don't need to use a cam(hardware) to activate or update.. Software Cam emulation works fine. The issue with channels is one of entitlements..

LowNoiseBloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Buffalo Linkstation,
Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD,
Ubuntu/Fedora servers,
My Location
South Staffs. U.K.
Sorry you saw fit to censor my previous post - I did not post a live link. The discussions at the site whose name I cannot mention now amount to 25 pages and include a description of a police raid last week on the premises of a dealer selling Tring cards. It is all very relevant to someone about to blow up to 300 quid or so on a card that will probably not let him watch footy at 3pm on Saturdays or 4pm on Sundays.

LowNoiseBloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Buffalo Linkstation,
Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD,
Ubuntu/Fedora servers,
My Location
South Staffs. U.K.
@irishguy2002 - I accept your points completely, although my own experience with this card was that it needed hardware to activate it but then soft cams kept it updated. Some people were able to activate this card via newcs/mgcamd, not me unfortunately.
PS - love your avatar - UTV.

irishguy2002

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC
My Location
Northern Ireland
Yes.. I guess I should add it may take a few hours in software.. Hardware cam is quicker...

Yes.. Newcs and mgcamd.. Works but slow to activate..

There is a particular classes provider .. Think it's 0000048 or similar.. Most cards are not this version and not working.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The forum software auto - moderates the Als&t name - we had problems a long while back with someone plugging their forum.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
LowNoiseBloke said:
Sorry you saw fit to censor my previous post - I did not post a live link. The discussions at the site whose name I cannot mention now amount to 25 pages and include a description of a police raid last week on the premises of a dealer selling Tring cards. It is all very relevant to someone about to blow up to 300 quid or so on a card that will probably not let him watch footy at 3pm on Saturdays or 4pm on Sundays.

I didn't censor it .............. the Forum software does it automatically when certain key words are Posted.

Hence the smiley and the fact that the same word in my reply is also "censored" :)

The Police raid (actually Police assisted raid) has also been posted and freely discussed here.

LowNoiseBloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Buffalo Linkstation,
Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD,
Ubuntu/Fedora servers,
My Location
South Staffs. U.K.
Thanks for the clarification.
The dealer's statement quoted in a post in the Conax... forum on here starts "We were raided by The City of London Police, The EPL and MPS on Thursday 18th August 2011 at 5.30 AM under warrant."
I think he was calling the visit a police raid. Semantics aside I think we have a responsibility to make the original poster aware of the current situation.

irishguy2002

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC
My Location
Northern Ireland
LowNoiseBloke said:
Thanks for the clarification.
The dealer's statement quoted in a post in the Conax... forum on here starts "We were raided by The City of London Police, The EPL and MPS on Thursday 18th August 2011 at 5.30 AM under warrant."
I think he was calling the visit a police raid. Semantics aside I think we have a responsibility to make the original poster aware of the current situation.

True, there is a certain element of risk with any sub - however it's not looking good for most tring users. Similar situation to last year.

You pay through the nose for a decent supplier - however the risk is somewhat reduced..

Gray area, just go back to analogue and everything fta ;)