Tuning Pace Prima

andy_rr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analogue and digital, used to be a Pace received, this appears to be broken so now sourced a BT SVS260
My Location
Scotland
After my trusty Pace Apollo died a few months ago I eventually sourced a working analogue box (a BBC SVsomething and Pace MSS both seemed to die / be dead after purchasing from Ebay)
Anyway, the Prima works on the couple of channels it came tuned to BUT I don't have a remote that seems to work - the Apollo remote doesn't elitic anything from the Prima despite nice new batteries so I assumed it was incompatble.
Therefore I've just gone and bought a Marks and Spencer Universal remote that, on the back, lists Pace satellite boxes so I'm praying it will work as I want to get Eurosport on Astra 19.2 working this weekend if at all possible. (cycling is on ...)

Anyone care to suggest if this remote might do the trick or, if not, is there another way to get the Prima to maybe do a scan and pick up all available channels that the dish is pointing to (I have a digi box too so can confirm when the dish points to Astra but my beef with digi FTA is that Eurosport is only available with German audio which isn't ideal)

I'm asking now, before I even open up the packaging for the remote as, once I do that I can't take it back so if getting it to operate the Prima and allow me to access the setup menu etc then I'll get my money back.
Thanks in advance.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
andy_rr said:
After my trusty Pace Apollo died a few months ago I eventually sourced a working analogue box (a BBC SVsomething and Pace MSS both seemed to die / be dead after purchasing from Ebay)
Anyway, the Prima works on the couple of channels it came tuned to BUT I don't have a remote that seems to work - the Apollo remote doesn't elitic anything from the Prima despite nice new batteries so I assumed it was incompatble.
Therefore I've just gone and bought a Marks and Spencer Universal remote that, on the back, lists Pace satellite boxes so I'm praying it will work as I want to get Eurosport on Astra 19.2 working this weekend if at all possible. (cycling is on ...)

Anyone care to suggest if this remote might do the trick or, if not, is there another way to get the Prima to maybe do a scan and pick up all available channels that the dish is pointing to (I have a digi box too so can confirm when the dish points to Astra but my beef with digi FTA is that Eurosport is only available with German audio which isn't ideal)

I'm asking now, before I even open up the packaging for the remote as, once I do that I can't take it back so if getting it to operate the Prima and allow me to access the setup menu etc then I'll get my money back.
Thanks in advance.

As far as I can remember, there were two variants of the same remote, there was the MSS-type and the other one for the Prima. The first has "MSS-Series" on it and the other is blank but the other one has a little set of letters/numbers (RC-10) in the bottom corner of the keypad... :)

Universal remotes do work to a degree, but from experience, they're rubbish for accessing menus and suchlike, so I would personally take it back for a refund... :(

There is one here for the Prima, probably cheaper than your Universal one:

_http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270331190911

andy_rr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analogue and digital, used to be a Pace received, this appears to be broken so now sourced a BT SVS260
My Location
Scotland
Oh bu66er.

Ok, cheers for the advice - hopefully 1 proper remote now on it's way to me via ebay !

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
My universal remote from Aldi controls all functions of my Pace MSS500 analogue receiver (it was the very last code I tried too :D) so don't give up with universal remotes..!! :)

andy_rr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Well I've purchased the ebayy remote that should be specific to the Prima - might await that arriving before I return the M & S one.

I take it that there is no alternative method of doing any setup on the box (silly question I think but wanted to ask just in case !)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
andy_rr said:
Well I've purchased the ebayy remote that should be specific to the Prima - might await that arriving before I return the M & S one.

I take it that there is no alternative method of doing any setup on the box (silly question I think but wanted to ask just in case !)

You're correct, without a remote, accessing the menus is impossible, I have 2 MSS series remotes for my MSS-300 (one came from an MSS-500 that I broke... :-ohmy), just incase one goes walkies... :)

But that said, the RC-10 remote will be fine for your Prima, they're pretty good receivers... :)

It was the MSS-300 (my first one, that died in a cloud of smoke) that got me into the world of Analogue satellite TV, and I have only bought MSS-series related ones since (one being a Granada-branded Apollo), though I did get one oddball box, which was dead, once, but what do you expect for £1.50!!! :D

andy_rr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Got the remote within 2 days from the seller and the box is up and running : a happy man !
Thanks.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
andy_rr said:
Got the remote within 2 days from the seller and the box is up and running : a happy man !
Thanks.

Glad to hear everything's all working, it's great when it all works properly... :)

I'm thinking of digging out my MSS300, I feel like dish fiddling... :D