UK & Ireland Lidl satellite stuff status...

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Yes it is, mine can be patched but all I have ever got is multi & tp$ and with 4 hours of labour it's just not worth the hassel, I was told you could get D+ with a thing called a j-tag but when I purchased a j-tag everyone went quiet on the "how to " so I have never tried...anyone know?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
mrminibus said:
Yes it is, mine can be patched but all I have ever got is multi & tp$ and with 4 hours of labour it's just not worth the hassel, I was told you could get D+ with a thing called a j-tag but when I purchased a j-tag everyone went quiet on the "how to " so I have never tried...anyone know?

The only thing I know how to JTAG is another type of box, but that's naughty, it's just basically another serial interface which needs only the software on the computer to flash the chips, but how to do it on the SL-65, I really don't know... :(

chucklebezza

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
39east and 19e when I want to see F1, using a tm1500ci
My Location
surrey
Hey 2cvbloke, I was thinking of buying the led signal meter this week from LIdl
but I see you say its cr*p, why, is it badly made or wont it do the job? I was hoping to use it to help me get Eurobird 33e. Cheers m8

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
chucklebezza said:
Hey 2cvbloke, I was thinking of buying the led signal meter this week from LIdl
but I see you say its cr*p, why, is it badly made or wont it do the job? I was hoping to use it to help me get Eurobird 33e. Cheers m8

Whenever you are trying to find a sat it's hard enough to be fiddling with nuts and bolts and spanners fine tuning sats it's much easier to use an audio meter in an earpiece powered by your own system via the coax which produces a deep tone when not on a sat and a high tone when on a sat the higher the tone the more accurate your alighnment is.
Using this method you don't need to be looking at a silly meter and you just trust your hearing so you only have 100 tasks to do at once not 101.....

chucklebezza

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
39east and 19e when I want to see F1, using a tm1500ci
My Location
surrey
Yeah mrminibus, I already have an audio metre which I have used on many occasions. I find it quite useful although a bit hit and miss. I was hoping that this led meter would be more precise. Thanks for your help.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Rd100 said:
Some more sat stuff in lidl from the 23rd,

h**p://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070823.index.ar5

The laser spirit level could be handy.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
If anyone wants one for £30 I will sell them a sl65 the one that can be patched

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
I just had a thought, alongside this thread, maybe we should have a "Setting up Lidl-bought satellite stuff" thread, as there are the odd few, as we have seen, who have trouble with the kits, even I had trouble with my Porty kit when I first got it, maybe those of us who have or have had them should write up some paragraphs on each kit... :D

Just an idea...:cool:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
According to the newsletter I just got, 24/04/08 - Portable kit with what looks like a new style LNB, but still has the SL-65/12 box... :)

Go to _www.lidl.co.uk to find your nearest store if you're interested... :)

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I would say to any newbies this is better than a sly box if you don't want to subscribe (remember it won't receive ch4 or 5 as a fta) it can be patched but the support for this is very few and far between...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Speaking of patching, is it possible on the 2006 SL65 yet? :D

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
ahhh the old porty kit, my first kit i used, i remember it well.

What was it again, silvercrest fta receiver, 39cm dish, wall mount, brackets, suction foot, lnb and a cable for about £59.99 or something at the time it was.

I used to attach the dish onto the suction foot and hang it off my window year's ago....until i went down the pub one day and it has been raining hard, when i got back it was literally hanging off lol.

Infact i still use an old porty lnb now, it does it job although the noise level isn't very good on it.

Because of where my bedroom is i had hard job finding sat's, i could get astra1 alright but the others were hazy to get, i think i got astra2 twice but it's all in the fun :D.

.......them were the day's, if i had a camper van i would re-invest next time they are in shops

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sharkadder said:
ahhh the old porty kit, my first kit i used, i remember it well.

What was it again, silvercrest fta receiver, 39cm dish, wall mount, brackets, suction foot, lnb and a cable for about £59.99 or something at the time it was.

I used to attach the dish onto the suction foot and hang it off my window year's ago....until i went down the pub one day and it has been raining hard, when i got back it was literally hanging off lol.

Infact i still use an old porty lnb now, it does it job although the noise level isn't very good on it.

Because of where my bedroom is i had hard job finding sat's, i could get astra1 alright but the others were hazy to get, i think i got astra2 twice but it's all in the fun :D.

.......them were the day's, if i had a camper van i would re-invest next time they are in shops

When I got my PortyII kit I had pretty much the whole horizon to look at, but all I went for was Astras 1 (analogue) & 2 (for my Sky sub at the time), it was £64.99 (as the new kit is now), I just wish I was on this forum so I could've learnt more about the satellites available to me (even though Analoguesat is on the other one that I was on)... :D

My kit featured the older Comag PortyII box, which was great, but rather slow and lacked good features, and annoyingly responded to my sky remote so I always had to switch it off!!! The box is long gone, as I now have my SL-65, but I still have everything else including the, cable (still unused as it's cheap tat!!! Might use it for my TV aerial once it's fixed), LNB, the storage box which you can use as a dish mount and even the little compass, but I haven't used that as it's too confusing to use!!! :D

I wouldn't mind the /12 version box though to use with my solar power setup... :D

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
yep mine had a compass too, mine kept falling off the back and out my window onto the floor haha, that was also fun, wasn't good when my neighbours used to look up when cutting the grass to see what the heck i was up to haha.

For anybody just starting out defo get one, even if your not interested, you will soon be hooked.

I sold my lot ages ago and threw in a steel wall mount, a tehcnomate lnb and 10metres of sat cable too to some lass in spain for her and her lad's holiday home.

They are a cracking bargain, i may have a sneaky snoop in lidl next time they are in.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
That time of year again, we seemed to have missed the non-portable stuff last august/september time, but I think someone posted that elsewhere... :)

Anyway, I have been reminded about this as someone on a canal forum is trying to decide on whether to go with freeview or satellite (sky/freesat), so I thought I'd see if anyone has any foreknowledge of any portable kits? :D

I'm guessing that it will be in the next fortnight or so, but we'll see... :)

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Do we know if LIDL are selling any kit soon? Can see nothing on their sites..

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
As of tomorrow, Lidl Ireland are putting the SL65 camping kit on sale at €90. I dont know whether they will be on sale in the UK.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
compufunk said:
As of tomorrow, Lidl Ireland are putting the SL65 camping kit on sale at €90. I dont know whether they will be on sale in the UK.

Should be a week or two before it's here then... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It's here!!! It's here!!! The camping kit is on sale on the 8th June, for a bargain price of £29.99, just over half the price it was last year!!! :eek: :-worship

Attachments

• 09_00762_b.jpg
    09_00762_b.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 39