My Satellite Setup
Astra Digital + Hotbird
Quattros + Multiswitch
Skybox + Humad Fox
XP, 3Ghz, 4G RAM
My Location
Darmstadt, Germany
Hi,
in a new house in Germany I have inherited a sat system that comprises two antenna, one on Astra Digital, and the other on Hotbird. Both antennas have Invacom Quattro LNB, and the four cables from each go to a Technisat Gigaswitch 9/8

http://www.technisat-daun.de/download/man/950.pdf

The outputs from this Multiswitch feed sockets in the lounge, den, bedrooms etc.

I would like to understand how the built-in DiSEqC switch is working in multiswitches like this.

Q1. Does the receiver give out, and the DiSEqC switch process 14v/18v switching and 22Khz tone on/off, and a modulation on the tone for selecting the required satellite?

I am always confused by the fact that the 22KHz tone can be OFF, so no modulation on the tone can be used. I would love to see a simple list of the voltage/tones used for selecting each input, eg

Input 1: Astra 2D, V-L (14v, DiSEqC ON, plus tone for Sat 1)
Input 2: Astra 2D, H-L (18v, DiSEqC ON, plus tone for Sat 1)
etc

or

is it a case of simply 8 inputs and all switching between those 8 inputs are performed by DiSEqC, using tones only, and ignoring the 14v/18v switching?

Q2. The receivers left behind are Panasonic TU-DSF40P, and the manuals are in German, and only available in German. Does anyone know if there is another similar Panasonic receiver, that has an English manual, that has the same DiSEqC setup in the config menus, so I can work out how to program these receivers?

TIA

Wibs

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the receiver has been left with the unit, why do you need to change the settings, surely they will be set up and ready?

To switch between the satellites, you allocate each satellite the correct switch output, A or B in the DiSEqC menu. Everything else should be automatic and not fiddled with. 13v and 18v switches polarity and 22Khz tone switches to upper band.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Wibs said:
Q2. The receivers left behind are Panasonic TU-DSF40P, and the manuals are in German, and only available in German. Does anyone know if there is another similar Panasonic receiver, that has an English manual, that has the same DiSEqC setup in the config menus, so I can work out how to program these receivers?

You don't need a specific receiver, Diseqc switching is built into most digital satellite receivers.

The Diseqc switch just selects which quattro LNB to use, the tone and voltage select which output of the quattro to use.

Wibs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra Digital + Hotbird
Quattros + Multiswitch
Skybox + Humad Fox
XP, 3Ghz, 4G RAM
My Location
Darmstadt, Germany
rolfw said:
If the receiver has been left with the unit, why do you need to change the settings, surely they will be set up and ready?

To switch between the satellites, you allocate each satellite the correct switch output, A or B in the DiSEqC menu. Everything else should be automatic and not fiddled with. 13v and 18v switches polarity and 22Khz tone switches to upper band.

Thanks, just so I get this right,

The 13v/18v switches polarity
The 22KHz tone switches between Low/High frequency

So what is it that switches between the two satellites?

Is the 22KHz tone a simple toggle, ie a burst will switch, and if it then removed the switch stays put, and another burst is needed to switch back? Or is it something like 22KHz ON = Sat 1, and 22KHz OFF = Sat 2?

Wibs

acezon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 600s, Darkbox 2008,
Liberty FTA reciever, Humax Foxsat HD, Thomson Sky+,
3 fixed dishes, 60cm for 13E + 19E, 80 cm motorised,Zone 1 sky+, BtVision and My 37" baby.
My Location
Exmouth, Devon
it is the diseqc command that selects the sat you need, it will send a signal along the line of AA AB BA BB for four different sats

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This may help _http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/pdf/Diseqc/associated%20docs/simple_tone_burst_detec.pdf