chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
You can now view satellites.co.uk on your iPhone using the Tapatalk iPhone, Android, windows Mobile and Blackberry apps. Taptalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also

Tapatalk for Windows Mobile and Blackberry also available.

Search for Taptalk in the app store or visit Tapatalk - iPhone app web site for more information! You can download a free lite version or the paid PRO version.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Anyone one had chance to try this out yet ? any feedback appreciated.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I did try it, but can't find our forum among the lists. What does it come under Chris? Computers and Internet? Miscellaneous?

I've always just used Safari on the iPhone for accessing the forum. Not that I do very often. Eyes aren't as good as they were :-rofl2

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
Just to let people using Windows Mobiles that the RSS feed works great been using it for about a year now.

Also the site displays perfectly on virtually every browser using a HTC Touch HD2 :-) which is windows mobile 6.5

No Iphone so I can't test the app above

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
"Llew" said:
I did try it, but can't find our forum among the lists. What does it come under Chris? Computers and Internet? Miscellaneous?

I've always just used Safari on the iPhone for accessing the forum. Not that I do very often. Eyes aren't as good as they were :-rofl2
Been using this for a few days now and it's superb. Navigation round the forum is a breeze.

Llew if you search for satellite in the search it will bring up 2 results. One is an American forum the other is this one.

Not tried it on 3g yet just from home wifi which is lightning quick.

Avaiable directly from Installous

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, thanks. As usual, the simplest way is the quickest :)

Can't tell much difference using O2 3G or Wi-Fi, both rapid. 3G can be patchy in my city centre, but I mostly only use it there for phone calls anyway.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Just got an iPhone, and tried the app.

Unfortunately, I get a mesage saying that the server plugin is out of date.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just uploaded to my HTC and it's working fine Robbo.:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Posting from the wildfire now.:)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
My son has had an HTC with Baracuda software since last August/September and loves it

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Just tested on my iphone and all working fine here.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Ok, I just tried it again, and I only get the error when I click on "Latest" Unread, but when I move to the All tab, it works Ok. I need to upgrade to the pay version apparently to reply using it though.lol.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Somehow I don't think this app will work on my phone... :D

Attachments

• mr601.jpg
    mr601.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 135

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well apart from 2cv', there are new versions of Tapatalk available for both iphone and Android powered phones.

Updated Tapatalk for Android to version 1.6.17, with much improved user interface

Version 1.9 is approved by Apple and is now available at Apple App Store

Also for those who were unable to use Google checkout, it is now available on SlideMe

Tapatalk for Android is now available on SlideMe*

We have been received a lot of requests from users whereas their countries do not support Google Checkout and would like to purchase Tapatalk Pro for Android. We are pleased to announce that Tapatalk is now available on SlideMe Marketplace! And immediately the app has been featured in SlideMe main screen as one of the top app! You may want to check it out if you had trouble to see our app in the Android Market and are looking for another venue. Check out SlideMe.org

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Tapatalk on Windows Mobile 6.X and Windows Phone 7.

"Just a quick note to all forum owners that a developer has developed a Tapatalk app on Windows Mobile 6.x. if you have already activated Tapatalk, your members with Windows Mobile phones can also access your forum using this app. The nifty little app is called "RapidRead", allows you to access just the same set of forums available on Tapatalk, runs on any Windows Mobile 6.X devices such as HTC HD2. The best thing yet is this app is currently free during beta, please also consider to support this developer by donation."

_http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807820

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Now that I actually have a phone that would use this software, to be honest I'm happy just using the built in web browser, cos it gives all the functions of the site as though it were on a computer, though unlimited data is a useful tool too... :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not the same, I can use my browser, but viewing forum pages is a pain, try the free version of tapatalk, read only, but will show the advantages.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Not the same, I can use my browser, but viewing forum pages is a pain, try the free version of tapatalk, read only, but will show the advantages.

Well, my phone gives me the option of "Mobile web" and "True Web", and on the true web setting, everything works fine, the only difficulty I have is with the onscreen keyboard and copying, pasting & editing text, but that's just cos it's new to me... :)

No need to pay for extra software to do what my phone already does... :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Try the free one, that's all I can say.

If you don't try it, you won't know if it's any better.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I thought the same thing before I tried it and couldn't see the point of Tapatalk. But after using it, I really hate it when I have to access a forum that doesn't have Tapatalk, it makes it so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.