What satellite is my dish pointing at?

R

roy1978

A year and a half back, during extensive external works on a friends building. I helped by installing a motorized 80cm dish, using existing scaffolding. I thought that I have tuned in correctly to a Hotbird 13 satellite inasmuch as we started to received free to air channels - albeit that they were in German. The dish was put up anticipating use at a later date, and at the time analogue TV was in use.
Now the dish is needed, and the motorized unit has failed! It is not easily accessible. We can still “see” some channels – but am now unsure what satellite the dish is pointing at! Given the following information is it possible to determine which satellite the dish is pointing at?
463 channels are listed (many without signal) – so I don’t know if this listing is a receiver default. Channel 463 is DMAXat 12476H 27500 V-PID 3327, A-PID 3328, P-PID 3327 FTA Beta Dig. Receiver says “Hotbird 13 deg”.
Basically these are German channels – If I can confirm the orientation of the dish then I can take the next step!
Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Doesn't matter what "Satellite" your Receiver says - It's just a dumb and editable data table.

As for the German stuff, that indicates 19.2E, not 13E.

The specific DMAX Channels is 19.2E.

Listed here _http://www.flysat.com/astra19.php @12480 (Close enough!!)

R

roy1978

roy1978 said:
A year and a half back, during extensive external works on a friends building. I helped by installing a motorized 80cm dish, using existing scaffolding. I thought that I have tuned in correctly to a Hotbird 13 satellite inasmuch as we started to received free to air channels - albeit that they were in German. The dish was put up anticipating use at a later date, and at the time analogue TV was in use.
Now the dish is needed, and the motorized unit has failed! It is not easily accessible. We can still “see” some channels – but am now unsure what satellite the dish is pointing at! Given the following information is it possible to determine which satellite the dish is pointing at?
463 channels are listed (many without signal) – so I don’t know if this listing is a receiver default. Channel 463 is DMAXat 12476H 27500 V-PID 3327, A-PID 3328, P-PID 3327 FTA Beta Dig. Receiver says “Hotbird 13 deg”.
Basically these are German channels – If I can confirm the orientation of the dish then I can take the next step!
Thanks

Thanks for the quick answer (and url) - much appretiated