Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Excellent find nelson_b
I have never ticked mine that is why mine works ok :)

Just to illustrate what nelson_b is talking about
Do not tick this selection in Blind Search,
DSCN1550[1].JPG
This feature should have been removed after the upgrade so that you cannot select it:D

I never use this function as it is a left over from the previous software where each satellite was set a start & finish range & a symbol rate limit :eek:
TM rewrote the software after I complained about it being useless for Blind Scans but they left this silly selection that has given rob all these problems,

I think the original idea was that you could tick all the satellites & let it scan them all automatically then go out for a walk then when you returned all the new transponders will have been added o_O the only problem was that the software writer did not know enough about the active part of the Ku band & the symbol rates used :-doh so it was totally useless.

Only tick this selection in Satellite Set Up

DSCN1551[1].JPG

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Cheers @william-1 for the explanation and the screenshots --
this is the first T.M box iv had since my trusty TM - 1500 ci super+ .... which i would still be using if it had been capable of HD .... i had a few TM boxes before that one ... but that one was the the best :)
i still use a T.M. 5000DAPCI to move/position my c.m. 1.2 dish .

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Sadly my TM5500DAPCI was replaced by the TM6900HD several years ago as I only use DiSEqC 1.3 capable motors these days,
I still have the TM1500CI Super+ but not used I just cannot part with what started the Blind Scan revolution flawless software written by people that knew their stuff :)

The same cannot be said for the latest software used on all HD receivers from the Far East they do not allow time for the software writer to perfect the latest software,
As they never get it right the 1st time we end up with a partially functional receivers these days that may be improved with re-written software if your lucky :eek: