Whats the best way to stream ?

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
Hi guys

Whats the best way for me to stream live football to my website ? Im looking the best quality that i can get. Would it be best for me to get it on my satellite and then put it on my computer and then onto my site ? Or is there an easyer way to do it ?

Thanks for any replys

Chris

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum chris187

Well the first question has to be where are you going to get your live football feed from?

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
Hi Thanks

Well iv been looking around the internet for live feeds but cant seem to find any that i can take and put on my website and they are usually bad quality and cut out alot of the time when watching. So it looks like il be getting the match on my satelite and then get it onto my computer.

How do i do get the picture from my tv to my computer and keep the quality ? Also how would i then put it onto my website ? Will i need a video platform ?

Chris

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Something else to consider is Copyright.

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
Tivù said:
Something else to consider is Copyright.

How come sites like justin.tv arent takin down ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No idea.

Doesn't mean to say what you're proposing is free of any need to consider Copyright though.

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
Yes good point

Do you know how i can get the best picture quality when going from my tv to computer ?

Cheers

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
chris187 said:
Yes good point

Do you know how i can get the best picture quality when going from my tv to computer ?

Cheers
Just stream the channel to your PC from your Dreambox using VLC. Then use VLC to compress it.

Your problem is going to be bandwidth. To upload the stream, you'll have to use compression which will result in loss of quality. The loss will depend on how quick your upload speed is.

There are a few threads related to this on the forum. Here is just one of them.......
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...aming-dm7025-internet-including-pictures.html

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
Hi

Were do i get these ports from ? I have a Thompson TG585 V7 router.

Also this seems to beat the bandwidth problem - -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2pMOtw3EA

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
Hi which port do i use when i am trying to connect my breambox to my computer ?

Cheers

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Are you talking physical ports or TCP/UDP ports? I'm assuming you are talking physical.

Use the Ethernet sockets.

If you have broadband, I would assume you have a router/modem/switch?

If so, connect the dreambox to the router using Ethernet (patch) cable.

If you are connecting direct to your computer, use Ethernet crossover cable.

All the info you need is already posted in the stickies.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-guides-stickies-faqs/

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
"Firstly if you're using a router then your gonna need to forward a port to the IP address of your PC. Choose any port that makes sense. Lets use 12001 for the purposes of this tutorial. OK, have you done that ? Good, lets start"

How do i know which port to use ? People come to forums because they are not experts, this explains nothing. Can i pluck any number out of the air and use it ? Im sure i cant so does anyone know which port i will use to stream from my dreambox to my computer, I connect my dreambox via a thompson TG585 V5 via a Ethernet cable.

Cheers

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
chris187 said:
How do i know which port to use ? People come to forums because they are not experts, this explains nothing.
If you carry on through the steps, you'll see that the port number you choose will then be used to broadcast the stream from your PC to the web. (You dont need to worry about ports on the Dreambox to PC side of things.).

You can use any port number you like. Just chose a high number to avoid conflicts with any other services that might be running on your PC. If you choose a 5 digit number, you should have no problems.

During the process of setting up VLC, you'll be telling it to use the port number you choose earlier for broadcasting the stream. See step #11.

VLC has changed since the tutorial was written, so some of the menus and windows will be a little different. The principal remains the same.

What is your top upload speed on your broadband connection? If not very quick, you are only waisting your time with this. The picture quality will be very poor without a quick upload connection.

chris187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a dreambox 7000-s
My Location
N.Ireland
Hi thanks for the advice altho i did try any number and it didnt work, I used PF config and also checked the connection with simple port tester but didnt get anything. Il try again . My internet is 20mps ,im not sure what my upload is or are they both the same ? I checked the speed the other did and it read 10mps as my connection is split between 2 computers.

Thanks alot for the help