Which external HDD for technomate 6900 Super Combo

Muddywellies

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Moteck SG2100A TM6900HDCombo Invacom SNH-031.
PC stuff nothing special.
My Location
N. Devon, UK
Back in April I found these forums crucial to helping me set up my system (pictured elsewhere) and after getting used to the system I'm ready and able to move on. SO, can anyone advise on a proven external hdd that's freely available (PCW for example) that can store BBC HD progs w/out problems along the way.

BTW - Like the new avatar Robbo!!;)

A

Anonymous-A

I have a standard SATA 500GB drive attached to my TM-6800 Super. It's in an ICYBOX enclosure, easily bought from Maplins and connected to the TM with an eSATA cable.

It's very reliable and the enclosure is quite discreet.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I have verbatim store'n'go 120gb hdd attached to it via USB, and it is not very reliable - sometimes receiver "forgots" it, need to power off and power back receiver.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I have a Maxtor basics 120GB that I got from PCW, they do a 320GB one now, I can only assume that it works just as well. Though sometimes you unplug it and plug it back in, it temporarily forgets what it has recorded, but recording something, helps it to remember again.:confused

Muddywellies

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 85 Moteck SG2100A TM6900HDCombo Invacom SNH-031.
PC stuff nothing special.
My Location
N. Devon, UK
Eventually got the Freedom 320 external drive that runs off the USB without any seperate power. Mine arrived already formatted with FAT32 file system so no fiddling about. Plugged straight in, works a treat. Biggest advantage for me is that I can watch films the following day and wizz through all the ads at upto 32x - which improves all film viewing

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Would that be Freecom not Freedom by any chance?

Barso

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 HD combo
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi, I am all new to this! Please have a read - I apologise for making it long.

Trying to set up a nifty system in a school whereby recordings from a TM 6900 HD combo go onto an external HDD which is linked to the LAN so that teachers can download the file to their classrooms to play on their PCs (with digital projectors etc). I dont need the recordings to be major hi quality as the projectors are pretty standard.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, so I asked for help. But seems that pal didnt know enough: I bought a Cybernetor External Net Storage device (very nice) and a 500g SATA samsung HDD. But seems that TM won't record onto this as TM's software overwrites the software from the Cybernetor. :confused

Is there any HDD or NAS or whatever that I can link to my TM so that I can achieve the above in the school? If I have to get rid of the HDD and NAS gear, I will do so on eBay as it's all new.

Thanks. Waiting patiently! B

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I have used a Freecom network drive that has both a usb port and a network port, however thay can't be used at the same time. Not connected it to my TM though, as its at work.