Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Box- Touchbox 3 (viewing FTA)
Phillips TV
Samsung DVD player
My Location
France
Hi,
Set up below working fine till two days ago when FTA channel I was watching went dead (no break up just straight to a blue screen).

Set-up - Phillips TV - digi aerial - to receive French digital TV. Samsung DVD player into ext 1on TV

Touchbox3 into ext 2 on TV. I've tried:
switching SKART leads - both work fine on DVD player
switching ext - DVD works fine on 1 or 2 ext so presume nothing wrong with TV
switiching OFF - unplugging leaving for an hour then restarting
removing the batteries from the remotes and replacing - no change
Touchbox3 - has both green light on indicating it has a signal - I've double checked its connections and they apprear fine.
Dish has not budged.
Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Thanks
Jen

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you getting a blue screen when trying to receive either French tv via your aerial or the sat box? If it's a blue screen on both I'd tend to think it's your tv. Possibly a problem with your scart inputs, or your scart leads. Can you take the Touchbox to a neighbour to try on their dish or alternately borrow another box to try on your tv?

Jen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phillips TV
Samsung DVD player
My Location
France
Hi Thanks,
No French TV fine and I can use the DVD player (in both ext 1 and 2). - Blue screen comes on only with the Touchbox (which is showing that it's found the signal...)
Jen
sonnetpete said:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you getting a blue screen when trying to receive either French tv via your aerial or the sat box? If it's a blue screen on both I'd tend to think it's your tv. Possibly a problem with your scart inputs, or your scart leads. Can you take the Touchbox to a neighbour to try on their dish or alternately borrow another box to try on your tv?

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I'm slightly confused, how does the Touchbox show it's found a signal other than via your TV screen? Or is it that it's displaying the set up screen but not any channels? Either way it appears to be a problem with either the Touchbox (and possibly it's output to your tv) or it's scart lead.

Just as an aside, which department in France? (I'm 50640)

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Totally unfamilliar with the receiver ...but is it possible there is a button 'step through' function on the remote control ...allowing the possibility to switch output video format ?

A typical example being say ...if the output was accidentally switched to 1080P ...but the TV could only receive and display 1080I ..
In which case ..blank screen ...
Just a thought ..
rgds
VS

Jen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phillips TV
Samsung DVD player
My Location
France
I'm in 23 - Touchbox shows a green light when it detects a signal...

sonnetpete said:
I'm slightly confused, how does the Touchbox show it's found a signal other than via your TV screen? Or is it that it's displaying the set up screen but not any channels? Either way it appears to be a problem with either the Touchbox (and possibly it's output to your tv) or it's scart lead.

Just as an aside, which department in France? (I'm 50640)

Jen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phillips TV
Samsung DVD player
My Location
France
Sorry, should have added - I can't do anything with the touchbox - e.g. no access to menu etc...think this mean the box is not speaking to the TV....I cannot reset to factory settings as to do this you need to use the menus on screen! Looks like a new box - ahhhh....

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Touchbox is a model made by Metronics and there are a few posts on the forum mentioning them; although nothing with your symptoms. There appears to be (at least) two versions Touchbox 3 and Touchbox 4.

It is (was?) sold by Maplins in the UK. Did you take it over to France from the UK?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Ok ..found the manual ..
Here is an extract to show what I'm getting at
>>>>>>

B - TV scart settings
In the MENU / Config / Video Output, you can adjust the video signal that comes out of the
TV scart;
On the line TV Mode, leave AUTO. You can, if you want, force the output to PAL or NTSC if
your TV set has special requirements.
On the line Screen mode, you must select the size of your TV set : 4:3 or 16:9. Attention,
select 16:9 only if you have a widescreen TV. This setting is related to the TV set, not the
program you’re watching.
On the line Video Output, you can choose between CVBS or RGB. CVBS is universal mode
that works with all TV sets, but RGB gives better picture. If you select RGB, the CVBS output
is disabled, so you can’t use, for example, a video sender on the video cinch (RCA) output.

>>>>>>>>>>

As you can see it is possible to set a scart output format which is non compliant with the requirements of the TV used ..
If there is no step through function ..it is possible that the input format to the TV could be changed until a picture appears ..
Things to try ...
A different scart input on the TV ..as this may be configured differently ..
The VCR out on the touchbox ...instead of the TV out ...
connect this to your TV ..it may well be configured differently ..and a format which your TV can use..
best of luck
VS

Jen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phillips TV
Samsung DVD player
My Location
France
Sorted - unplugged everything including aerial - left a couple of hours. Reconnected with VCR out (not TV) and everything is working.....thank you! xxxx
Jen