wrong sats help!

Biagio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox500S. IBM laptop windows XP. Dail up.
My Location
USA Northeast
I just got a dreambox 500s. My problem is I live in USA NE. And there are no sats in his box for NE like AMC1 OR amc4 or intel5-6-8 or anything I can use. How can I get these sats in my sat list on dreambox 500s?:confused

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Posting in the dreambox section, rather than the technomate section might be a good start.

I don't use dreambox, but I don't see why you couldn't move the dish with diseqc instead of usals, then manualy scan the transponders in. You just need to remember which sat you substitute with.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can certainly add satellites using the menu, but there are probably satellite lists available for download.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Biagio said:
I just got a dreambox 500s. My problem is I live in USA NE. And there are no sats in his box for NE like AMC1 OR amc4 or intel5-6-8 or anything I can use. How can I get these sats in my sat list on dreambox 500s?:confused

Download a satellites.xml list with your choice of NA satellites from here -

_http://satellites-xml.eu/?fb

Then you can replace the old satellites.xml file with your new one.

Llew

Biagio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
USA Northeast
rick1980 said:
Posting in the dreambox section, rather than the technomate section might be a good start.

I don't use dreambox, but I don't see why you couldn't move the dish with diseqc instead of usals, then manualy scan the transponders in. You just need to remember which sat you substitute with.

Yeah I do that with my VSU, I hit 17 sats wih motor could get more but house in way. But on my VSU I can manualy move moter then save seting and when ever i click on a sat it goes right to it. But dreambox 500s only has ''go to '' featrue. :mad:

Biagio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
USA Northeast
Llew said:
Download a satellites.xml list with your choice of NA satellites from here -

_http://satellites-xml.eu/?fb

Then you can replace the old satellites.xml file with your new one.

Llew

Hey I got to try that! Now would I use dream up for that, or DCC, I cannot do DCC yet.:mad:

Biagio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
USA Northeast
rolfw said:
You can certainly add satellites using the menu, but there are probably satellite lists available for download.
I

I went thru everything there is no way to control motor T:-rofl2hru menu

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Biagio said:
Hey I got to try that! Now would I use dream up for that, or DCC, I cannot do DCC yet.:mad:

Try Dreamset. Easy to use with serial or LAN.