Yet another Newbie !

David Crone

Reaction score
Hi all, What would you suggest as a cheap entry level setup for myself, when I say setup I mean the lot, dish, receiver cards etc, foreign channels would be good with the football etc.

Many Thanks all in advance.

JD

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You need to decide how much you are willing to pay for a football card - cards start at about £200 and go up to 10x that for all the games in HD!

Once you have decided which card you are intersested in THEN we can advise on the receiver / dish size etc.

David Crone

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
You need to decide how much you are willing to pay for a football card - cards start at about £200 and go up to 10x that for all the games in HD!

Once you have decided which card you are intersested in THEN we can advise on the receiver / dish size etc.

Are there no football channels these days that are free to air then ? I did say i was a novice :)

Also, what about the " p" word, nudge nudge

Cheers

JD

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
BBC2 will probably be showing some West Ham games next season

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Almost never

And "p" off (To coin a phrase)

The maturing of Digital Satellite technology means many loopholes are (more or less) closed now.

David Crone

Reaction score
Forget about the footy then, what would be a good cheap entry level setup please folk.

Tivù said:
Almost never

And "p" off (To coin a phrase)

The maturing of Digital Satellite technology means many loopholes are (more or less) closed now.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
David Crone said:
Are there no football channels these days that are free to air then ? I did say i was a novice :)

Also, what about the " p" word, nudge nudge

Cheers

JD

You want to watch overpaid poseurs in the Prem League then you pay for it these days. As Tivu says you are 3 years too late for widescale signal cracking.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
I would recommend a linux box. They are easy to set up for free channels but get a lot more complicated if you want to customize them. You can use almost any card you like in them and there is loads of help on this forum. Linux is a steep learning curve but worth the effort. I wouldn't have any other type of box.