Zeetv on Sky

Plateau

Reaction score
Hi.. i have a problem with zeetv channels on sky, they say no signal or keep crackling...all the other sky channels work fine without any problems. Did anyone experience the same problem, and could anyone give me some ideas on how to sort it out please.

Many thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Plateau said:
Hi.. i have a problem with zeetv channels on sky, they say no signal or keep crackling...all the other sky channels work fine without any problems. Did anyone experience the same problem, and could anyone give me some ideas on how to sort it out please.

Many thanks

Have you considered getting Zee TV package as a personal DTH subscription instead of through Sky?
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/zee-tv-india/103548-zee-tv-uk-package.html
Your profile doesn't show your current system, so you probably need to have a dish pointing to Hot Bird 13E, if you don't have it already.
How much does the Sky subscription cost / month?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Zee channels on 28E changed frequency recently. They moved to 12607V. Interestingly there are also channels on 12607H, so if your dish isnt set up very well (maybe its moved a little in winter storms) you may be getting cross polarity interference.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
In the UK, the easiest way to get those channels is through Sky.

I suspect that there is a problem somewhere with the setup if you are getting picture break-up. I checked Zee Music which is FTA and there doesn't seem to be any problem on that transponder. Incidently I had to rescan as it had changed frequency, but the Sky box should take care of that itself.
Things to check:

Any cordless phones around, turn 'em off see if it improves.

Dish alignment/Obstruction/LNB skew

Poor quality/water ingress cable, replace with good quality cable like wf100 for example.

LNB gone up the spout, very easy and cheap to replace.

Start with the cheapest first.

Robbo:)