Just Sharing This Zgemma blind scans (urgh!)

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
hi guys

just some feedback which may help some people.

i had a ZGemma H7S - this was great box triple tuner STB for general satellite use (and cable when it was "good") IP tv etc, but blind scan on it, was a no go , although to be fair it wasnt advertised as having it - it came along during its lifetime

anyway...

time has passed, and i saw the Zgemma H9S was advertised as having blind scan - so i plucked for one - to my surprise it uses uses the same tuner as Octagon Sf8008 so it looked promising (but not same chipset) -

anyway, after some initital config, i did some testing last night, well, what a disaster, IT found nothing on 22w, found nothing on 34.5w and found nothing on 45.w (although it could accept china radio TPs manually so it is capable of low SR)

not sure what it is with the the Zgemma's - the blindscan looks different too, maybe its not running the same blindscan plugin as the octagon and edision, and other models

i noticed that there was no option for scan for transponders or channels, it was either scan for channels or save to xml.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The first thing you should be doing is taking the lid off and posting images.