Zone 2 fixing for a zone 1 dish

leroy101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax SR110 + 65cm Dish on motor, Bush Freesat HD box + zone 1 dish
My Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Hi,

When I have ordered zone 1 dishes in the past they have come with the wall mount arm. The zone 2 dishes have come with a L shape fixing bracket.

I have noticed quite a few zone 1 dishes fixed on this L type bracket, so my question is can you by this L shape bracket separately and where from? Or do some suppliers send this bracket as standard with a zone 1?

Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
This L type was commonly used for the earlier Triax zone1 & 2. Try here >> _http://www.screwfix.com/prods/23123/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Aerials-Fixings/Universal-Wall-Bracket

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The original L shaped system was prone to movement of the reflector during the final tightening of the clamp bolts (good installers would fit the wall bracket sideways, and the pole back to front to try and minimise this). The u-clamps were too flimsy to secure the pole absolutely rigid on an exposed dish in the first place.

Why would you want one anyway, unless you have some pole mount dishes without mounts ?

leroy101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax SR110 + 65cm Dish on motor, Bush Freesat HD box + zone 1 dish
My Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Channel Hopper said:
Why would you want one anyway, unless you have some pole mount dishes without mounts ?

I was just wondering as I have seen quite a few zone 1 dishes installed with these thats all.