1.05 to1.11 problem

seemore

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
After running penta 1.05 for about 5 months with no problems i have been tempted to upgrade to 1.11. I put my magic cam into dreamload but it wont connect i have agreen light and wheni push the connect button the red light blips for a split second but wont connect.I am using ver 1.03 with echostar 2200 2ci via and win98 on a pc. Any suggestions gratefuly received as i have bee trying to get this to work for hours.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
seemore,

from my experience, the 1.05 is quite difficult to overwrite. Make sure you reset the module properly and initialise the loader (see FAQs). The CI CAM Info Menu has to show "dreamload" before you attempt to connect.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
If I might suggest, you could try step upgrading, say 1.05 to 1.09 first and then to 1.11 finally. That was the way I did it.

seemore

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Have had another go today following the instructions to the letter.I get to you should now see connected but all i get is unable to connect to module it is in dreamload. Could i have scrambled the module putting it into dreamload.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Try putting the MM module in the receiver (NO CARD IN) and pull it out and in 3 times. Alternatively switch the receiver on and off 3 times with the module in but no card. This should clear any half-flashed software. Then have another go. Still would try 1.09 though.

seemore

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Put the magic module in and out of the reciever three times again still no joy.It definately say's dreamload in the cam menu.Any other idea's would be gratfuly received.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Silly question probably Seemore but I suppose you have chosen the correct com port via 'Settings'.

seemore

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Yes i have checked the com port settings and they are as per the instructions. I have also made sure the pads on the programmer are clean.I think the only other thing i can do is try to take it back to where i bought it from and see if they can program it.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
seemore,

in your Echostar in the CI Info menu might be an option: prepare for loading - use it and have a last go.

Good luck

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I am keeping with Penta 1.05. I'm starting to see some reports that version 1.11 is frying the MM. I don't know if its true or not, but since I don't want Conax on Thor, then I see not point taking the risk.

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
It seems the main Penta 1.11 problem being reported is in relation to UCAS (receivers with built in magic cams).

seemore

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hooray i finaly got it going. Took my magic module and programmer back to my supplier he found the programmer was duff said he'd had quite a few fail gave me another, no probs loading this time and i love all the programmes on Thor.
thanks Nickolai and jimbo for the helpful advice at least it got me to the point where i new it had to be a hardware fault.

Still trying to Knit with Spagetti.