1.1m or 1.2m for viasat in the west midlands?

paxrax

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
what do you reckon?

i currently hit the xtrapl channels on 4.8e at around 52% signal on a good day with a crappy 1m cheapo motorised dish off ebay with an inverto black ultra.

will a 1.1m triax fixed on 4.8e get me enough to see off the worst of the weather or do i go for the bigger dish?
 
I'm getting around 52% on the North East coast on an 80cm if this helps. Pretty cloudy and dish misaligned. Will sort that in a few weeks.
 
Play safe and get a 120cm for viasat.
 
My weakest Viasat transponder is 12034H (SNR 66 AGC 69). I'm probably a bit further away from the footprint than you, but I'd agree, a 1.2M dish would be more suitable.
 
sonnetpete said:
My weakest Viasat transponder is 12034H (SNR 66 AGC 69). I'm probably a bit further away from the footprint than you, but I'd agree, a 1.2M dish would be more suitable.

I get 100% quality on that one. Do you get 11747 V?
 
fergyc said:
I get 100% quality on that one. Do you get 11747 V?

Yes, 84 SNR 69 AGC. I think you're quite a bit nearer the footprint than me, aren't you?
 
sonnetpete said:
Yes, 84 SNR 69 AGC. I think you're quite a bit nearer the footprint than me, aren't you?

Yeah, right on the coast. Think I have some tweaking to do
 
fergyc said:
Yeah, right on the coast. Think I have some tweaking to do

Don't forget the tuner on the VU+ is quite sensitive which may make my readings look good. Nothing to do with my setting up skills........well maybe..........a bit.........just a tad LOL.
 
sonnetpete said:
Don't forget the tuner on the VU+ is quite sensitive which may make my readings look good. Nothing to do with my setting up skills........well maybe..........a bit.........just a tad LOL.

Yeah, cracking tuner. Was raining really heavily a few weeks ago and I couldn't get anything off it up here on PCI card. Was perfect signal on the VU+ downstairs though!
 
Iam in south devon I get 77%-80% on the xtra pl channels and 58-60% on viasat football hd etc,if you can afford it I would get a gibertinti 1.25. The dish is lighter than the triax 1.1 and far better I was amazed what a difference it made in my location.
 
Back
Top