13, 19.2 & 28.2 on 85cm dish

unkletom

Reaction score
Folks,

from reading previous posts, I believe it shouldn't be a problem to receive 3 satellites (28.2, 13, 19.2) using an 85cm dish (I live in Manchester).

I had a motorized system at my old house but I have recently moved and I want to 'downsize' to three satellites only.

I have been looking around for multisat lnb brackets but I'm unsure which one is suitable for my dish - it's a transparent 85cm dish (see picture) but unsure what make. Can anyone recommend a basic bracket? Will a universal bracket be ok?

Also, am I right in believing that if if want to feed the signals from the three satellites to two receivers, I will require 3 x twin / quad lnbs with 2 x 4-way diseqc switches or perhaps 1 x monoblock for 13 & 19.2 and 1 x twin / quad for 28.2 with 2 x switches? Will standard lnbs do the job or will I require inverto lnbs for my setup?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tom

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 63

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you have the LNB holder for the dish?

If so, then this style of offset bracket should be fine ebay Item number: 260948250236 that's what I use and works well, best to use inverto Black Ultra LNBs, as they have long necks for fine adjustment and makes it easy to clamp the bracket on the central LNB.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If your going for the above offset bracket, stick to individual LNB's rather than a monobloc. Set the dish up on 19e and the add the offsets for the two satellites.

Always fun playing with offset LNb's ;)

unkletom

Reaction score
Many thanks for the info.

I've just purchased the offset bracket rolfw recommended and I'll pick up a couple of inverto lnbs during the next few days.

In terms of feeding the cables to two receivers located in different parts of the house, is it easier to use three twin lnbs and run the cables via two 4-way diseqc switches? Or are there 4 x 2 switches available in the UK I could use with three single output lnbs?

Cheers,

Tom

edit: just realized, I guess a 4 x 2 sitch is not an option if I want to use both receivers at the same time to watch different channels!?