16APSK signal @ 15W, why can't I scan it?

I managed to get some broken video out of the version of Navy TV on 12717 V 24910 using my TBS6903X with your pts2bbf tool @newspaperman

I then had to process the output BBFrames to find the 188 byte MPEG-TS packets within them (I made a quick Python script that reads 188 bytes when it finds the 0x47 sync). Doing that I got an MPEG-TS file that plays in VLC, but there are some errors in the stream, my guess is that some of the 188 byte packets get split over frames, so a more intelligent parsing of the BBFrames to find MPEG-TS packets than my Python "bodge" would be needed to make it work smoothly. :D I'm guessing this is also what the players that can play the stream with glitching also do.

vlcsnap-2024-01-25-15h02m12s760.png
2024-01-25.png
 
Cine S2 V7A or TBS 6903X are able to extract the full BBFrame out of the streams with help of my tools GitHub - newspaperman/bbframe-tools: Tools for handling DVB-S2 bbframe content in Linux.

I tested with the NRK DAB mux on 1°West and DAB Bundesmux on 23.5°East successfully. However I didn't test with such a high SR like on this transponder.
Yes, but we are always speaking of "beta" projects, not so simple due to linux difficulties.
Professional users never accept such options, so I believe that some "closed" receiver can get such transponders. Surely there is, but I don't know which one.
 
DVBViewer is the best I have found to be able to play this channel, (Navy TV on 12717 V) without having to do anything extra. With some defects in the broadcast, but it almost looks good.
 
¹
Yes, but we are always speaking of "beta" projects, not so simple due to linux difficulties.
Professional users never accept such options, so I believe that some "closed" receiver can get such transponders. Surely there is, but I don't know which one.
Ayecka SR1 Pro should handle it
 
Ayecka SR1 Pro should handle it
Interesting. Forgot that it was mentioned in another thread some days ago.
Also, looking into 2wcom web site (this manufacturer was suggested to me by another forum member last summer) I found this receiver:
Maybe, adding the ASI module in this box, analog and digital audio can be decoded through another professional receiver? I mean RX8200 or similar? What do you think?
PS: I know this is an extremely expensive solution.... but I have any idea to buy it.... don't worry-
 
Ayecka SR1 Pro should handle it


Interesting device with two ethernet outputs, one for management and the other for traffic.
Without knowing anything about the device I wonder if the Management ethernet port is used for encryption management, specs say biss can be handled locally, possibly be some type of web interface?

The other ethernet port for traffic might possibly be usable with an RX8200 via one of its ethernet ports, again just a guess?
The stream coming out of the traffic ethernet port needs to go somewhere to be converted into viewable pictures with PID selection etc and an RX8200 would provide that.
 
It would be interesting to understand if this box can be used to get DAB+ satellite streams.
It means: if the decoder is able to tune DAB+ streams, can be the audio decoded with RX8200 through ethernet port? My skill is not so high to understand this. Any any idea?
 
It would be interesting to understand if this box can be used to get DAB+ satellite streams.
It means: if the decoder is able to tune DAB+ streams, can be the audio decoded with RX8200 through ethernet port? My skill is not so high to understand this. Any any idea?
Any upload channel mux norway and germany and italy
 
Hello everyone

Please check my post on satclub. No special tools used. Just tbs 6983 and transedit.
If transedit done the lock the picture is almost perfect 101k packets, only 70 dropped!
If crazyscan or ebs pro done lock and stream to transedit picture is much worse 100k packet and 4469 dropped.

Huge difference. I just use transedit to tune signal and analyze. I think that drivers or streamreader is still not developed correctly.

Please check this.
 
Back
Top