16APSK signal @ 15W, why can't I scan it?

Lexzie

Member
My Satellite Setup
Xtrend ET10000 DVB-C, DVB-S2, and IPTV
Dreambox DM920 DVB-C/DVB-S2X/DVB-T2
TBS 5925 USB-tuner
80 cm fixed dish (28.2E/23.5E/19.2E/13E)
180cm Channel Master offset dish with polarmount (39E-34.5W, Ku-band)
My Location
The Netherlands
I have a strong signal, fluctuating between 12-13 dB:

1685560898895.png

But when I scan
1685560952031.png

Anyone else any luck on Enigma2 tuner? (Mine is DM920).
 
It's one of those GS continuous stream types, you need a PC card to lock it (don't think there's any boxes on the market that deal with these types of streams, but I might be wrong!) I get a channel called Navy TV on that frequency with my TBS 6903.
 
I get a channel called Navy TV on that frequency with my TBS 6903.
Interesting, there's a recent post on the GT Media forum where the new GTX Combo was able to scan a transponder and found a channel called Navy TV, there was sound & EPG but no picture. The original GT Combo and V8 UHD were unable to scan anything in. Might not be related as the Tp was SR3166 vs 45000...

Code:
https://www.freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=29106&p=132889#p132889
 
Which receivers use broadcasters or professionals to decode such signals? Thanks.
 
It's one of those GS continuous stream types, you need a PC card to lock it (don't think there's any boxes on the market that deal with these types of streams, but I might be wrong!) I get a channel called Navy TV on that frequency with my TBS 6903.
Sounds logical, I connected my TBS 5925 tuner and got this in TSReader. How to go from here?

1685570121701.png
 
Not sure the 5925 is up to it, I always used to struggle on these types of signals with mine. The 6903 works better, here's what I get with it.
 

Attachments

  • navy tv 2.jpg
    navy tv 2.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 128
  • navy tv.jpg
    navy tv.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 142
The TBS5925 is able to receive 16APSK, MIS, CCM/VCM/ACM (TBS5925 Professional DVB-S2 TV Tuner USB)
Isn't that enough?
Maybe I need to do some settings?

Edit: I see in the specifications of the TBS 6903 also Multiple Generic Stream, Combined Single Generic & Single TS.
Guess it's one of those...
 

Attachments

  • 1685637416928.png
    1685637416928.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
It's been 2 or 3 years since I used the 5925, If I remember rightly, it would lock these signals and display channel info etc, but wouldn't display much of a picture, but you should be getting something from it, so probably do need to check your settings.
 
just 1 channel ??
thats all i can scan in with my old TBS5980
pic is not good can slightly hear audio with bad pixelated picture
i will try with my TBS 5925 Pro see if its any better .
cheers
 
just 1 channel ??
thats all i can scan in with my old TBS5980
pic is not good can slightly hear audio with bad pixelated picture
i will try with my TBS 5925 Pro see if its any better .
cheers
Use 12609 H 7552 (ESPN 1/2) as a refernce to peak the dish/improve polarity on a fixed universal LNB
 
The TBS5925 is able to receive 16APSK, MIS, CCM/VCM/ACM (TBS5925 Professional DVB-S2 TV Tuner USB)
Isn't that enough?
Maybe I need to do some settings?

Edit: I see in the specifications of the TBS 6903 also Multiple Generic Stream, Combined Single Generic & Single TS.
Guess it's one of those...
Interestingly the TSReader doesn't yield any info indeed but you can simply run VLC/PotPlayer/MPC-BE and get usable image...
 
just 1 channel ??
thats all i can scan in with my old TBS5980
pic is not good can slightly hear audio with bad pixelated picture
i will try with my TBS 5925 Pro see if its any better .
cheers
It should be just one channel yes.

Interestingly the TSReader doesn't yield any info indeed but you can simply run VLC/PotPlayer/MPC-BE and get usable image...
Do you care to explain how? If I knew I wouldn't have asked here.
 
Well I assume you have run the TSReader either through EBSPro or CrazyScan, and so you can other players as well.
If you don't get satisfactory image from VLC, try with PotPlayer or MPC-BE, they usually perform better with such streams.

players.png
 
No I just run TSReader.
 
With the TBS 6893 I can get a reasonably good picture, but not all the time.
There are a lot of drop-outs, but you can see relatively well what's on the screen.
15w3.png15w5.png
 
15.0W_Navy TV runs parallel on two muxes,12596 V,45000,5/6,16APSK, and now is activated on 12716 C,24902,2/4,8PSK.
 

Attachments

  • 12716 V,24902,34,8psk-Navy TV_2024-01-15_23-09-38.png
    12716 V,24902,34,8psk-Navy TV_2024-01-15_23-09-38.png
    346 KB · Views: 62
  • 12596 V,44990,56,16apsk-Navy TV__2024-01-15_23-12-50.png
    12596 V,44990,56,16apsk-Navy TV__2024-01-15_23-12-50.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 55
Yesterday i scanned but no get any channels with my octagon sf8008
somebody know if gtmedia v9 prime can get them because gtmedia v9 prime support DVB-S/S2/S2X, VCM/ACM/multi-stream/T2-MI?
 
Hello .

This is nothing new; there are currently no receivers capable of seeing "Continous" broadcasts on these frequencies, and neither is V9 prime. Some have a signal, but that's as far as it goes.
As these two transponders are transmitted " continous", there's no point in hoping for anything with the SF8008.
Only the cards (eg TBS6983) are able to receive an image, but it is not stable at all, often it's just a mixture of colours.
12596.png12716 15 w.pngmelange.png
 
But I would like to discover which professional receiver is able to get these signals?
Someone must be able to receive if they are broadcasted?
 
Back
Top