18°W

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous_1
  • Start date Start date
...... It's a funny old world CJ, Iv,e now had four receivers + analyser looking at 3631 R.

Analyser shows it at 8dB but will not lock.
TBS 6903 card does not pick it up at all.... but does see 4175 R & 4043 R, but no lock.
TBS 6983 card does not pick it up at all.... but does see 4175 R & 4043 R, but no lock.
TM 5502 HD does not pick it up at all.
Amiko A3 picks it up but will not lock it.

Will try the LHC freq now .
 
Same as John, out of all my receivers the A3 is the only one to see Ebony but will not lock.
 
... I can see & lock the racing ch 3961 L.
Can anybody make anything out of this one: 4166 L, 17910, 1/2. QPSK. --- only about 25% Q / 7dB max. No lock.
Not very good weather at the moment here .... raining.

18 west. 4166 L.  17910. 12...reduced..webp
 
... I can see & lock the racing ch 3961 L.
Can anybody make anything out of this one: 4166 L, 17910, 1/2. QPSK. --- only about 25% Q / 7dB max. No lock.
Not very good weather at the moment here .... raining.

View attachment 94426
Probably data.
 
"Ghana mux" is lockable since few weeks on 4026 R 9035 5/6 DVB-S2 8PSK
 

Attachments

  • 2017-12-03_16h04_49.webp
    2017-12-03_16h04_49.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 2017-12-03_16h08_23.webp
    2017-12-03_16h08_23.webp
    155 KB · Views: 11
Zilch on Ghana mux the 1.8m here ( 3dB ) but two transponders are coming in strongly.

AVerMedia_Capture_snapshot-2017-12-04-14-47-2.webp

AVerMedia_Capture_snapshot-2017-12-04-14-47-3.webp
 
.. Zilch also on Ghana channel up here in North Notts, maxing out at 6.5dB but no lock


It's 8PSK modulation with FEC of 5/6, approx 9db needed for lock I think?
The pics from "dx qwer" above showed him to be getting 9.5db, above the threshold for a lock.


Rgds
 
It's 8PSK modulation with FEC of 5/6, approx 9db needed for lock I think?
The pics from "dx qwer" above showed him to be getting 9.5db, above the threshold for a lock.
Yes, certainly needs a healthy signal - the max I ever had was about 7dB and that was nowhere near enough.
 
It's 8PSK modulation with FEC of 5/6, approx 9db needed for lock I think?
The pics from "dx qwer" above showed him to be getting 9.5db, above the threshold for a lock.


Rgds



.. I need a bigger dish D lol.
 
Back
Top