Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
DM 500 & DM 800HD, Vu+ Duo,
Digital+, Sky+, TDT, Saorview
My Location
Dublin
Hi,

I just wanted find out if a 90cm dish would be big enough to pick up FTA on 1H especially. Installer told me a 60cm was big enough to pickup french TNT in Madrid yet I cant receive the main channels like TFI etc. Not sure if they only become visible with a TNT box but I thought my FTA receiver would pick them up but mostly I am just getting stations off of 1KR (280 in total with some french, Rai Uno and some North African) No canal+ france or no German. I looked at lyngsat maps but they make no sense as they tell you a 50cm dish should cover all of europe on 19.2E which obviously aint correct. So will a 90cm dish be enough to pick up most of the channels on 19.2E ?

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
redout said:
Hi,

I just wanted find out if a 90cm dish would be big enough to pick up FTA on 1H especially. Installer told me a 60cm was big enough to pickup french TNT in Madrid yet I cant receive the main channels like TFI etc. Not sure if they only become visible with a TNT box but I thought my FTA receiver would pick them up but mostly I am just getting stations off of 1KR (280 in total with some french, Rai Uno and some North African) No canal+ france or no German. I looked at lyngsat maps but they make no sense as they tell you a 50cm dish should cover all of europe on 19.2E which obviously aint correct. So will a 90cm dish be enough to pick up most of the channels on 19.2E ?

TFI is not FTA, and will not be picked up by a FTA box :)

Good news is you should get solid reception of all 19.2e channels with a 50/60cm dish in Madrid. I'm in South East UK and get 95% signal with a 65cm dish - and I'm in the same 'signal area' of the footprint as you!

Sounds like your dish is badly aligned! Did you install it yourself or an installer?

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
dvmedia said:
TFI is not FTA, and will not be picked up by a FTA box :)

Good news is you should get solid reception of all 19.2e channels with a 50/60cm dish in Madrid. I'm in South East UK and get 95% signal with a 65cm dish - and I'm in the same 'signal area' of the footprint as you!

Sounds like your dish is badly aligned! Did you install it yourself or an installer?

I am using a communal dish in the building which belongs to Digital+ here in Spain. The majority of their channels broadcast on 1KR and that seems to be where the majority of the 280 channels I am receiving are coming from. Thing is the dish is 1.5M and thats why I am baffled why I am not picking up more FTA as I know there is about 500 mostly German/Austrian on 1H. I updated all the transponders on my receiver _http://www.engel.es/Publica/DetalleProducto.cfm?Id=RC8300 so I dont get why I am not receiving the 1H stuff. Could it be something to do with the dish ? Thinking of getting my own dish to be honest. How many FTA do you pick up from your dish on 19.2 ? Also the thing you mentioned about TFI not being FTA so my receiver wont pick it up baffles me because I pick up the whole Digital+ platform from Spain but obviously all scrambled.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
are you using a fTA box or your Digital + Box ?

If you are using the Digtial + box then that box would only have the 1kr tps programmed into it!

bite

Superkomanda
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.8W; 4.8E; 13E (90cm),
19.2E; 28.2E; 36E (110cm),
DM800SE, DM600
My Location
Riga, Latvia
I think, your dish is pointing at the wrong satellite - Hotbird 13E, because Rai Uno is available on this satellite, not on Astra 19.2E...

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
I am using a FTA box as the Digital+ box has the add channels function disabled. Its most certainly is pointing at 19.2E as thats what Digital+ is broadcast on and Rai Uno is defintely broadcast on 19.2E.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
bite said:
I think, your dish is pointing at the wrong satellite - Hotbird 13E, because Rai Uno is available on this satellite, not on Astra 19.2E...

Rai Uno is on 19.2e on 11568V (it's the only Rai channel on Astra 1) but films and sports are usually encrypted.

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
dvmedia said:
Rai Uno is on 19.2e on 11568V (it's the only Rai channel on Astra 1) but films and sports are usually encrypted.

I had the Coppa Italia Juventus v Lazio game on unencrypted last night. Think Inter are on tonight in the other semi at 7:45pm. Worth checking just to see if unencrypted.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Monmouth
I am not tooo sur but when the signal get distubited to the other flats or similar the distribution kit could only be allowing certain tp'. but it might not be the case we need someone with more knowladge to comment.

Seriuosly rai uno show football i thought it would be like the TVEi on 19.2 just show re- runs of programmes that didn't get lots of raitings :p

Mark

bite

Superkomanda
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.8W; 4.8E; 13E (90cm),
19.2E; 28.2E; 36E (110cm),
DM800SE, DM600
My Location
Riga, Latvia
Yeah, it's there, i'm sorry for my mistake... :)

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
Markjose said:
I am not tooo sur but when the signal get distubited to the other flats or similar the distribution kit could only be allowing certain tp'. but it might not be the case we need someone with more knowladge to comment.

Seriuosly rai uno show football i thought it would be like the TVEi on 19.2 just show re- runs of programmes that didn't get lots of raitings :p

Mark

I thought that also but I checked Rai Uno on the tv guide and went to the station and to my amazement it matched. The football was unencrypted and I would guess their F1 coverage will be unencrypted also.

I hear you on the distribution kit and it sounds plausible as Digital+ disable the add channels function on their boxes to stop you watching anything but their own channels. I am going up to the roof tonight to borrow the neighbours satellite and do a scan on his 60cm dish to see if anything else is picked up. If I pick up anything else then I reckon your correct about Digital+ allowing "certain tp". I will let you know how I get on.

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
Markjose said:

I just had someone who deals with Satellites tell me that what you said is possible with something like programmable filters and It's quite possible if Digital+ were involved in the installation of the communal system.

ltkltkltk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace 2500B sky digibox, zone 1 sky minidish
My Location
Gloucestershire Cotswolds
That sort of thing sounds a bit expensive and complicated for a communal system
as you are getting RAI i think it's just slightly inccorrect settings

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
Ok I can definitely confirm that Digital+ have some kind of block on certain transponders as I went up the roof took the cable out of the LNB and plugged my own cable directly into it and picked up 900 tv channels and 300 radio compared to about 250 tv channels and 26 radio whilst through the communal system. Now thats obviously proof enough for me. First I heard of a company doing this although not that surprised considering they have the add channels option blanked out on their boxes preventing customers from adding FTA stations unlike Sky.

ltkltkltk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace 2500B sky digibox, zone 1 sky minidish
My Location
Gloucestershire Cotswolds
I just looked up D+ Frequencys and they're all Low Band and all vertical

I don't think that D+ are blocking it i think that whoever installed the System has saved money by simply adding lot's of splitters
This means that your comunal output will only be getting Vertical low band channels

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
ltkltkltk said:
I just looked up D+ Frequencys and they're all Low Band and all vertical

I don't think that D+ are blocking it i think that whoever installed the System has saved money by simply adding lot's of splitters
This means that your comunal output will only be getting Vertical low band channels

That certainly sounds possible, would certainly be a cheaper way of distributing the signal.

A picture of the dish and the head end would be useful.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Monmouth
I was not to sure if it applies as i do know a commuial analog terestrial istallation the head end would not distribute the Digital signal only analog so the flat owners could not recive TDT.
depends where you are shouldn't be too hard to put a dish up :)

Mark

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
rolfw said:
That certainly sounds possible, would certainly be a cheaper way of distributing the signal.

A picture of the dish and the head end would be useful.

A picture of the dish and the lnb ?

I will get one and post it.

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
My Location
Dublin
Ok here are the pics of the dish and lnb.

Attachments

• P1150741.JPG
    P1150741.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P1150744.JPG
    P1150744.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 31
  • P1150745.JPG
    P1150745.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 28
  • P1150746.JPG
    P1150746.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 32

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ooh that's very damning...

The LNB only has one output, so when connected to the rest of the system it can only view one polarisation at any one time across the whole system.

So everyone can only watch Vertical channels say...