2 boxes, 2 tvs, one dish

sideburnsdave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 boxes 2 tvs
My Location
scotland
Hi, I have recently subscribed to sky digital and so have one dish connected to an thomson receiver in our downstairs living room. However, I have a year old amstrad digibox attached to my upstairs tv. this is complete with remote and expired sky viewing card. I was wondering, can i connect the downstairs digibox to the old one and use both to control the sky tv in the same way the magic eye product works? basically, can i connect both digiboxes in a way that will receive the single satellite signal?

Thanks,

Dave.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum sideburnsdave

If you swapped your sky lnb for a twin you could run one cable to one receiver and a the second to another. You would only however be able to watch FTV or FTA programs on the second stb unless you purchased a multiroom subscription

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, you need a twin or quad LNB and a cable run from the dish to the second receiver. Quad LNBs are available cheaply on ebay.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it is, but the posts were made witin seconds of each other, so didn't see Topper's post. ;)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Better would be: 1 box, 1 tv, 2 dishes!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Prophessor said:
That's what Topper said, right? :confused

Lol yes Proph it has taken a couple of years :-worship and it only happens very very occasionally but it is possible to type faster than Rolf once in a while... perhaps he hit his thumb with a hammer :-rofl2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, how did you know? :-lmao

It wast the left index finger actually, bloody cable clips. :-rofl2