22.5E Good Signal Intensity/Quality but no Picture

Bluesyboy

Member
My Satellite Setup
85cm Offset Dish
0.3dB LNB
Comag SL-B 65/12 Receiver
My Location
Hannover, Germany
Hello all!

Would deeply appreciate ANY advice on solving this, as I am getting quite homesick without UK TV!! Using my current setup and about 3m of good cabling, both the Quality and Intensity sit at around 80%. However I cannot obtain any picture or sound at all.

I can easily obtain all 19.2E at much lower quality/intensity values. I don't mind investing in better equipment, but I am unsure where I should start.

Kindest regards,

Bluesyboy :confused: (currently literally true...)
 
Well an 85cm dish should be OK in Hanover if well aligned for the BBC and ITV channels on Astra 2D, when moving your dish, how are you monitoring signal strength?

PS. I presume you mean 28.2, as there are precious few English channels available elsewhere.
 
Apologies, yes 28.2E! I am using the receiver's own little monitor, which always proved up to the job whilst in the UK. I can get 19.2 and Hotbird without difficulty. Perhaps it is detecting a neighbouring signal, but even with patient dish rotation and further fine tuning bey rotating the LNB, I can get a consistent 80% quality & strength without a picture on any channel. I suspect the receiver is misbehaving, but I am unsure what to upgrade to, to change things.

I have asked local satellite installers, but 2A-D seem to be generally ignored in these parts.

Many thanks for your help.

Mark
 
Have you tried doing a rescan? whilst having those readings. I would expect some pictures to appear, and if so you would be able to find out where the dish is pointing.

I often stumble accross 23.5E when looking for 28.5E, then I know that the dish just needs to aimed a little more eastward and down a smidge.
Robbo:)
 
Robbo71, sincere thanks. I took your advice, moved things carefully and kept scanning. Now enjoying sweet home TV!

Regards from Germany,

Bluesyboy
 
Kein problem.

Enjoy:)
 
Back
Top