25.5, 30.5 & 31.5°E in UK

aceb

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
TBS 6925
1.8m Precision + PLL Bullseye, motorised but probably siezed now.
2 x Sky Zone 2 for 28/19/13°E
My Location
Sussex
I'm just going through some old channel lists I have stored from DVB Dream and notice quite a few channels I can't get now. Could someone in the UK tell me if they're getting anything from any of these sats, only signal I have at the moment is the cluster of radio stations on 25.5E 11039V.
 
Hi Paul ..
Don't think I ever managed anything from 30.5 or 31.5 on the TD88
..but fairly sure I got a few channels on 25.5

my TBS card is tied up atm ..pc being used for other functions ..
But will check with the F15 you..
rgds
VS
 
Nothing from any of them.

TD110.
 
aceb said:
I'm just going through some old channel lists I have stored from DVB Dream and notice quite a few channels I can't get now. Could someone in the UK tell me if they're getting anything from any of these sats, only signal I have at the moment is the cluster of radio stations on 25.5E 11039V.

I haven't checked feeds ..only the listed channels ..
Like you I can only get the radio transponder 11039V ...(using the TD110)..
So looks like that spot on the arc is pretty much dead for UK channel hunters.
rgds
VS
 
Tried these 3 sats many times, can't get a sniff of them except the odd channel on 25.5e.
 
Thanks guys, up till earlier this year I could get Al Sabah on 10996V on 25.5E (the FTV Arabia mux has gone off air), on 30.5E there is/was a regular Arabic feed on 12507V that ID'd as default and on 31.5E I used to get 12090V and 12168V. I've since gone through everything I have, checked the PCI card, moved and realigned the dish and replaced the LNB so was pretty sure there was nothing wrong this end, I'll put it down to a change in parameters or the time of year. Very tricky to blind scan these without filling up the file with transponders from nearby strong satellites.
 
hi aceb tried 25.5E Al Sabah ok quality 63%,radio stations on 11039V 80% quality,tried 12507V on 30.5E showing 41% quality but not locking also tried 31.5E 12090V has 44% quality but not locking and 12168V has similar results,might try later this evening. cheers
 
Just been scanning 25.5E and have Alsabah TV locked at 60% quality! I've no idea why it's so strong today when I've not been able to see it for months so it'll be interesting to see if it remains at this strength.
 
Reception must be good today - we have had a report of Amos 3 received in Glasgow this morning!
 
Analoguesat said:
Reception must be good today - we have had a report of Amos 3 received in Glasgow this morning!


Radio propogation is good today with strong spordic E`s being reported accross the radio spectrum, infact I`m getting a 4watt uhf radio transmission from a handheld radio over 4miles away through very built up areas (people who, know radios should know this is very good for a UKgen radio) so there might be some atmospherics at play on the sats too, I`m going to get out back and have a play when I`ve had me coffee
 
We've got some decent tropo across the channel today, lots of French radio and DTV including the HD muxes from Caen and Le Havre, I'd have thought that increased moisture in the air would have the opposite effect on satellite signals as it will scatter and absorb weak signals? Hard to tell at the extreme of my arc as Aktau on 66E fades in and out all the time. I had some Es up into B2 earlier as well, all Italy along with the TV transmitter on IB from Mt Cammarata, Sicily.
 
I've been watching Fox HD (Kabelkiosk package) on the German Beam on 23.5e this afternoon, with 40% signal strength from an 85cm Penta dish.

First time its been stable enough to watch for ages :D

must be definately something going on today.
 
Back
Top