4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Hi peeps!, my minidish took a knock on the weekend when i moved a set of ladders, I lost signal from astra 2, i,ve tried to reset my dish position and experieced the following probs, i reset the position in the morning and achieved 50% signal strength and quality by the evening i had lost some channels and most of my signal strength, so the following day i reset again and the same thing happened, i lost channels 4& 5 and i noticed the transport stream had changed, could i be on the wrong satellite??? , i am setting the position manually and not using a sat finder,any help would be appreciated.

deep joy

dave:confused:eek::confused'O'-red

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well unless the dish is still moving, or the dish face was buckled by the impact, it would be difficult to see how were seeing a different satellite, as you wouldn't be able to get any Sky channels at all.

Best way to adjust is to bring a portable TV outside and watch the signal strength screen as you move the dish very slowly, normally 50% on both strength and quality would be sufficient to maintain a constant signal, but more quality would be preferred.

Also check the connector on the LNB and that everything on the dish is tightened up sufficiently.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
rolfw said:
Well unless the dish is still moving, or the dish face was buckled by the impact, it would be difficult to see how were seeing a different satellite, as you wouldn't be able to get any Sky channels at all.

Best way to adjust is to bring a portable TV outside and watch the signal strength screen as you move the dish very slowly, normally 50% on both strength and quality would be sufficient to maintain a constant signal, but more quality would be preferred.

Also check the connector on the LNB and that everything on the dish is tightened up sufficiently.

Thanks rolfw the dish isn,t damaged, i can see my tv signal through the window when moving dish, i achieved 50% signal on both attempted setups, could the lnb be damaged< by the way it,s a 4 feed lnb and problem is same on all feeds, thanks for your help i guess i,ll get back up the ladders when the rain stops, my neighbours dish is at the side of mine i,m taking position from this????

deep joy

dave :confused:confused:confused

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Seems a strange one Dave, your transport stream should be 07d4 and network ID 0002. Also make sure that the LNB skew is correct, this should affect the signal quality reading particularly.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
rolfw said:
Seems a strange one Dave, your transport stream should be 07d4 and network ID 0002. Also make sure that the LNB skew is correct, this should affect the signal quality reading particularly.

My network i/d is 0002 my transport stream has been 802something,
0744, and is currently 0907????, boy do i get good problems!!!!

deep joy

dave:confused:confused:confused

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Reboot the digibox by turning off at the mains, that'll make sure that it isn't suffering any remembered readings. :)

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
rolfw said:
Reboot the digibox by turning off at the mains, that'll make sure that it isn't suffering any remembered readings. :)

Rebooted rolf, now network i/d 0000 and transport stream0000,
no signal strength or quality, i will have to wait until the rain stops to play with dish, see you laters rolfy, i,ll let you know how i get on

deep joy

dave :confused:confused

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Hi ROLFW i,ve now got my signal back, i took off my 4 feed lnb and put on a single feed, no problem!!!!, moved dish, signal now 70%/60%
my mate said i would not be able to set up on the 4 feed lnb because of the high/low frequencies involved with multi feed ???????

does this make sense to you???

deep joy

dave:confused:confused:confused