28e levels in south france

I'm not sure how your dish is currently mounted but could you attach some brackets to the existing fence post so the dish is moved away from the fence to stop it interfering?
 
Yes the ground support will be my problem too, I assume if permanent I will set it quite deep in concrete hole whilst ensuring it is totally perpendicular (to earth) etc. My problem at present is that my 120cm dish I decided I dare not place on the roof, and happen to have a fence post in a great position and more or less well aligned, issue is it is not perpendicular, the fencing interferes with the back of the dish alignment so the readings are not true, oh and the fence pole is not round so minor sideways adjustments are tricky - it has been a journey but still it all works now thanks in no small part to the support from here.

Once I am 100% that the dish is not changing location I will invest in a fixed post etc. Are there any instructions on this - and or recommended suppliers ? or is it simple a case of having something like a round scaffolding pole sunk into the ground in concrete ?
Lag bolts through pole clamps into fence post.Spacers to adjust pole tilt

clamp.webp
 
I'm not sure how your dish is currently mounted but could you attach some brackets to the existing fence post so the dish is moved away from the fence to stop it interfering?
Yes hadn't really considered that - I had considered a scaffolding post over the fence post (I think it will just fit and concreting that in place) but this looks a better alternative, will see what I can do thanks.
 
Hi all, and thanks for the help so far, as I had an excellent image for ITV4 - for the tour de France, I had not further tinkered with the dish. However that is now finished and having discovered I only seem to have 2E and 2G channels I have been trying to search out 2F but I am just getting absolutely zero, not even close to a signal for them.
The quandary is that 2E & 2G are quite strong am getting BBC TWO HD near 100% perfect all the time, and am loathe to deviate too far from that - and being frank I don't think I should need to, I am assuming this is mm work now given I am well aligned to 2E & 2G.

Any further tips at all please on how to find 2F channels ?
 
Hi all, and thanks for the help so far, as I had an excellent image for ITV4 - for the tour de France, I had not further tinkered with the dish. However that is now finished and having discovered I only seem to have 2E and 2G channels I have been trying to search out 2F but I am just getting absolutely zero, not even close to a signal for them.
The quandary is that 2E & 2G are quite strong am getting BBC TWO HD near 100% perfect all the time, and am loathe to deviate too far from that - and being frank I don't think I should need to, I am assuming this is mm work now given I am well aligned to 2E & 2G.

Any further tips at all please on how to find 2F channels ?
BBC2 HD Luxury!
If you really want 2F I think a slight tweak to the west will be required.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 15-51-00 Satellite motion charts for ASTRA 2E,ASTRA 2F,ASTRA 2G base...webp
    Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 15-51-00 Satellite motion charts for ASTRA 2E,ASTRA 2F,ASTRA 2G base...webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 56
BBC2 HD Luxury!
If you really want 2F I think a slight tweak to the west will be required.
Yes BBC1 &2 in HD, but don't watch them much...all I want is Dave in SD :D

Will give it a try again this evening when the heat has gone and signal may be better. thank you
 
2f eu is surely strongly present, try 12148 H. The 2f uk's are the weakest of anything on 28e, needs the right dish size + working out -the- alignement. The pictures shows an example of the local (north of Nice) eu-uk difference.
My rule of thumb, if any eu beam not 'at least' at 100% 17dB, I'd experience trouble of some sort (weather, seasonal, time of day, dish size, alignement, whatever) for stable reception of some\many of the uk's.
 

Attachments

  • 2feu.webp
    2feu.webp
    93.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 2fuk.webp
    2fuk.webp
    114.6 KB · Views: 67
2f eu is surely strongly present, try 12148 H. The 2f uk's are the weakest of anything on 28e, needs the right dish size + working out -the- alignement. The pictures shows an example of the local (north of Nice) eu-uk difference.
My rule of thumb, if any eu beam not 'at least' at 100% 17dB, I'd experience trouble of some sort (weather, seasonal, time of day, dish size, alignement, whatever) for stable reception of some\many of the uk's.
OK so after much weeping, wailing an gnashing of teeth as I aligned the dish I decided to do some proper analysis of which channels I have and do not have. I thought I was missing AStra 2G because I don't have 4seven which should be on 2G however in fact I do have other channels on 2G , same across 2E and 2F.

In summary it seems I am just missing a few transponders ;

Astra 2G 11127V (for 4seven) and
Astra 2E 12129V (for Dave Yesterday etc)

Is it simply that these transponders may have lower signal strength ?

or could it be an issue with my LNB ?


I have 3 receivers here (4 if you count my scanner);
Arris Freesat 4K
Old Sky HD
Enigma 2 (cannot use due to misplaced remote)

both the Arris and the Sky box cannot find any signal on these transponders even when I do a manual search specific only these numbers etc.

Any ideas please ? or do i just have to live with it ?
 
11127V you should get as you have other 2g's, but that one is for some reasom extremely sensible to correct lnb skew, try turning the lnb very slightly while monitoring the results. I use that transponder for skew adjustment.

12129V is on 2f uk, weak, around 2-3 dB lower here than the best 2e uk's, so may fall under your dish size's reception capabilities, am suspecting you are right on the edge for the other uk's you receive. But may appear once the lnb skew is adjusted.

Also, try adjustments at different time of the day, signals varies in strength.

Good work getting so far! My impression, dish size is on the very limits, think about going up 20cm or so and things will work very well, with some headroom for rain and seasonal changes.
 
11127V you should get as you have other 2g's, but that one is for some reasom extremely sensible to correct lnb skew, try turning the lnb very slightly while monitoring the results. I use that transponder for skew adjustment.

12129V is on 2f uk, weak, around 2-3 dB lower here than the best 2e uk's, so may fall under your dish size's reception capabilities, am suspecting you are right on the edge for the other uk's you receive. But may appear once the lnb skew is adjusted.

Also, try adjustments at different time of the day, signals varies in strength.

Good work getting so far! My impression, dish size is on the very limits, think about going up 20cm or so and things will work very well, with some headroom for rain and seasonal changes.
excellent will try with the skew - I think it is 80% right so will be minor adjustment - thanks again, really appreciate the help
 
Hello from france, ref 28e levels in south france and some previous posts.

Finally got around to dig and look for solid rock, found it 50 cm under the grass, and was able to build up a solid 40cm deep square of concrete to secure the 60mm pole. Only took 2 years lol. And needed 15 meters of trench for pvc water pipe for 2 cables. Well protected.

As for the 28 levels, not tested as this summer stay in France came and went fast (how come time runs away when one gets older?) without me installing the 130 dish. But well prepared for next year with a solid pole fit for the job.
 

Attachments

  • 20230705_194729.jpg
    20230705_194729.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 55
keep us posted ,when will you move permanently?
 
So,how is your dish doing?
I realise that one of your beacons has vanished,the 12129 on astra F
 
Since frequencies changing, 11126 MHz seems to be the weakest frequency here, but all frequencies are locked without problems! CM1.2M 1000033362.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 1000033362.jpg
    1000033362.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 13
Thank you! Now 's the good propagation perio!
 
Yes... so what are the news? March 15,beginning of low propagation on Astra 2's UK beam,south of 43°N?
Yesterday, i lost a few astra 2 channels indeed...
 
Yes... so what are the news? March 15,beginning of low propagation on Astra 2's UK beam,south of 43°N?
Yesterday, i lost a few astra 2 channels indeed...
Not too sure of my lattitude, Sweden/ norway, but I seem to have lost BBC2 and cebeis.BBC 4. I had them no problems up to a week ago. Suddenly vanished. 62 north. is it just me or has my dish moved.
 
From here, practically all UK transponders at 12db, except 11023H at 7.8 db (not locked)
 
Back
Top