Thanks for your response...what dish size would you say is needed there to get all hd channels 180?Hi Henrithefourth, just an update for you. No ITV HD at all. All other HD's good on Freesat via Humax 1000S. To cover the times when reception is very poor I have installed a VPN on a small Gli router with UK access connected to our internet box. Then I use Ondemand on the Humax for ITV Hub and Iplayer etc. which works well. As our dish is on the ground I had to prune branches this week and flowers as they were covering the dish.
My dish came from 2galli in France and I have installed four of these for friends locally. There is a 1 metre restriction here hence my dish is on the ground. A friend has a 1 meter Gilbertini on his roof and this works well although smaller and seems better quality. The signal here is like the edge of a cockle shell and varies tremendously over a small area. Setup and LNB type is critical I use a Opticum quad which works really well with a very weak signal.
For the past few months here in SE Spain, I have been seeing massive fluctuations in signal level every few days.
Today, for instance, is excellent. I am just about on the verge of seeing BBC1 HD at 4.00pm in the afternoon. This is unheard of during the summer here.
A few days ago, I was struggling to get ITV1 SD which is always available. I have a huge number of clients who have wiped out their Humax channels by trying to do a Freesat Re-tune (to fix their reception problems?) whilst 11425H is too low to lock on.
I am putting it down to atmospherics +/or the Jetstream being much further south than normal (just my own pet theory).
This is the Freesat setup transponder. All Freesat boxes lock on to this, to verify postcodes and assign the appropriate default BBC and ITV regional channels for your area. Without lock, a Freesat box will fail in the setup process, and remove all previous channels, if any.Hello Briangw
What is this 11426H? according to Flysat ,this carries nothing but an ecrypted "TRP1"?
Or is it 11425V? with freesports HD?
Assuming you are asking me, Henri :-Hello what dish size do you have there for 28.2

HelloA 'lobe' may have shifted just a little, pushing some towards a null, and others towards better signals or no perceiveable change.
Lobes and nulls, no scientific research exists, it's just something that 'is there' and is critical. f.ex. south Norway is cut in two with an absolute null reception arc in the middle (btw continues through Denmark afaik). Then levels gradually increase towards east and west.
In Bergen N, got dishes at two locations 25 km apart, changes from previous years now got substantial level improvements at the west location and loss at east = slight lobe drift imo. Am guessing something similar happening for the south france changes\troubles that are beeing reported.
Thanks for the reply, now I know I don't have to struggle adjusting the dish.^^^
Levels here lower than last week, reception mostly lost or break-up. Just a few of the strongest transponders left (itv3, bbc ni) which hover around 6db. Previous years they were closer to double those levels. BBC etc must have been reading forums and adjusted their stuff :O)
Towards 5 months now, maybe this is what to expect for the future = larger dish = big difficulties here finding a useable placement.
HelloHere in Alicante I have noticed a drop in signal in the last 10 days.
Normaly, the weakest mounth in reception is May-June but in the last days I have lost BBC HD channels 24H.
A fortnight ago I used to receive them most of the day.
Same problems in other places?
Hello
What dish size do are you using there in Alicante?
Regards
Thanks for info...I have the same dish size here in the south of france and planning on bigger for the hd channels....today though reception seems better even got 5HD...A 110x120 famaval dish.
If I had more room I would go for a 130x140