Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.2M Dish
Invacom C120 UNI Quad LNB QDF-031, NF 0.3dB
PACE DS430N
My Location
Limassol, CYPRUS
Hi Guys,

Following the recent bad weather here in Cyprus, has anyone lost their 2D signals?
I noticed 2 nights ago during the storm, that as usual, I lost the Beeb etc. But in the morning and even until this morning with a relatively clearish sky, I still have no satellite signal showing. In fact, the default transponder (11227 if I remember right) isnt detected, hence, not even the EPG is available.
After testing what I can myself, I have concluded that the digibox and LNB seem to be OK as I can use the add channels option and can get stronger TPs like Five from 2C, or Sky news. So there doesnt seem to be anything blown up by lightning etc.
Cant puzzle out therefore why I cant get anything off 2D anymore.

Anyone else having probs at the mo?
Is it poss that the dish could have moved significantly during the storms to knock out 2D and the default?
Is it time to get someone in to check the setup?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

sat man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
Hi MikeO,

Although I'm not in Cyprus I'm in Spain Near Benidorm, I've had several phone calls from people who are losing BBC 1 & ITV about 1/2 9, 10 ish on 2.4's which before was not happening.So it seems alot of fringe reception is suffering, although someone will probably give some weak explanation as they do on these forum things !!

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
I don't know whether you'd call it a weak explanation or not, but it seems that as 2D ages so its output is decreasing very slightly.

I find that I'm now receiving no more with my 3,1m dish than I was three years ago with a 2,4m.

The same reports are happening all over the place, so it seems like a reasonable explanation to me. It doesn't bode well for future fringe reception:mad:

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
MikeO said:
Hi Guys,
Is it time to get someone in to check the setup?
Cheers
Mike

Yes,preferably an expert.:)