2nd subsciption

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Hi all,

We currently have a sky receiver (which we stopped the sky package about 6 months back - although we still subscibe to ARY Digital (Ch812), which is an independent channel). This setup belongs to my father downstairs. We began subscibing several years back but he no longer felt that he should pay for the channels.

What i wanted to do was get a 2nd receiver in the loft (conected to a phone line), with the family pack channels. Obviously, id pay the installer to put up one of the dual lnbs for the minidish.

Do i still get interactive discount for the 2nd receiver, as this box will be under my name?, or do Sky already see that we have already have a box under this roof. (Can I tell them that it broke ages ago? or that my father moved out etc, as only ARY have our details)

Asim

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only potential fly in the ointment is that the subscription for ARY is probably still handled by Sky, it will I presume use the Sky card for authorisation, so they will still have a record.

There is not much to stop you however, applying for a new contract and changing your address to "the annexe" or adding "flat 1" to it.

To do this it may be better to order via a local independant.

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Cheers for the rapid reply RolfW!

Would the same apply if i got the ARY sub cancelled downstairs, and then re-subscribed on my new box (id have to pay for it then ). As there would be no further connection with SKY with my fathers card, is there a minimum term before i could apply for the new box for the same address, still getting int discount? or would i still have to put flat1a? I would just be using the old box just for BBC and all free channels.

Thanks again

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is no time limit on the discount, you are either entitled to it as a new subscriber, or not. The only way round it is to, well how do I wrap this up........yes, that's it......Fib. :D

That's what most people do and I don't think that it'll make much difference whether your Father is subscribing to ARY or not, bear in mind also, that if he stops subscribing to ARY, his card will probably become useless eventually as a non-subscription card will probably become inactive when they replace the cards.