3000ipVA...DEAD ? ? ?

rigsby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ipVA on 1.1m dish motorised.
My Location
Sale
Hi.

Came home tonight & found my receiver switched off....(unusual) i thought.

Tried to turn it on....the dot started moving round as normal but it has just kept doing this for hours. It normally does it for 2 seconds then switches to
the channel the box was last on.

Does anyone know what the problem might be ?

Many Thanks in advance.

Del.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum rigsby

Well you've done it, you have broken the record, you've been a member for two years and this is your first post:-carrot what self control you must have!

Sorry about the stb, presumably you have tried all the usual, repeating the process... disconnecting completely from power supply and rebooting. Disconnecting the lnb and rebooting...
Suspect it may be the switched mode power supply that has failed but I am no expert on this. I had this on a PC the other day. The power had been going on and off at work all day last Sunday the ups kicking in when necessary but this particular pc ( there are about 6 on 24/7) decided it would get confused and fail. I ordered a replacement PSU and whilst doing this had disconnected completely the kettle lead. After about one hour I gave it one last chance, the mother board led lit up and then the fans kicked in and hard disk booted up. Fickle these power supplies sometimes.

rigsby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ipVA on 1.1m dish motorised.
My Location
Sale
Sorry it has been so long....Two years...I think I joined lots of forums at that time but I didn't even know I was a member here until I tried my usual logon ID & password which I use for logins everywhere & it worked to my amazement.
I will try to be active from now on.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

I totally unplugged the box last night, just powered it again & it came on
for about 30 secs, but then died again. I now suspect it is an overheating
problem rather than a software issue.

I will attempt to take it to Local Sat shop around the Manchester area
to see what can be done.

Cheers

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Have you tried uploading new software to your receiver from your PC ?

Use a null modem cable PC - Receiver, get the latest S/W version from the Echostar site, and using the Echoloader program, you should (with any luck) following the instructions in the Echoloader menu, on switching on your receiver get the 'DWLD' message in the LED panel, then start your download.

This assumes there's no hardware problem in the receiver of course.

Llew