30Deg WEST

jimmyireland35 said:
Can any one advise if I would be able to recievr 30Deg West with a 1 Metre disf from (Tralee) South West Ireland.



Many thanks

Jimmy

You should receive it no problem Jimmy, make sure there is no trees in line of sight as the satellite is a bit low. Have it here in dublin no probs
 
Can't get multicanal 11535v24500 with a 1m dish and sharp lnb in south west England coast. Everything else is 80% quality !
 
I'm located in South Lancashire, and I could pick up 30W with quite strong signals my old 80cm dish.

A tip for recieving 30W is wait for a sunny day, and aim your dish towards the sun at around 3.00pm (BST), your dish will then be facing 30W.
The elevation of the dish then needs adjusting - at this time of year (summer), the sun is above the satellites.

Also, to improve the signal, rotate the lnb slightly anti-clockwise as you look at the dish.
 
freddy said:
We have been trying for few days here in NWIreland with no joy,anyone around this area got it?

Yes.
No problem in Mayo with 1m dish. (0.3dB LNB)
 
Matt, it seems that Hispasat is very difficult to recieve in a limited space. Is it considered one of the most difficut satteites to align the dish to?
 
powel000 said:
Matt, it seems that Hispasat is very difficult to recieve in a limited space. Is it considered one of the most difficut satteites to align the dish to?

I did find it quite difficult to align to at first, but now I use discovered a tree (in the far distance), that is directly in line with 30W from my dish. Now I can usually find it quite quickly.

I don't think that its generally considered that hard, although I have read that many people seem to have problems with these satellites. When 1C & 1D were launched, the signal became considerabley stronger, making alignment much easier.
 
Trying to get 30w today, but I cant seem to find it :(

Can anyone help? I've tried the thing with the sun, but to no avail.

Can someone also tell me what the strongest txp is on 30w?
 
Ive found 30w now :)

I have some transponders at 100% signal quality, and some at around 30%!!!

Can anyone help?
 
Sometimes that happens when there's nothing coming through on a transponder. Could be dead or a feed when it's needed. You need to establish which channels are available to YOU and then make sure you have a good signal on those.
 
i found out i had to adjust the LNB tilt thing which fixed the problem
 
Back
Top