31.5°E Astra 1G

aceb

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
TBS 6925
1.8m Precision + PLL Bullseye, motorised but probably siezed now.
2 x Sky Zone 2 for 28/19/13°E
My Location
Sussex
I don't know if conditions have been good or if the dish tweaking has helped but I caught two more transponders off this one earlier, these were 11934V and 12304H. There are some pretty hefty signals that I can't lock onto using the Prof but I think they are ACM/VCM so would be interested to know if the TBS6925 users get them OK?
 

Attachments

  • ProTV Int_0315 11934_V_30000_20120209_173159.webp
    ProTV Int_0315 11934_V_30000_20120209_173159.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 36
No luck with ACM/VCM transmissions,

So I did a bit of tweaking myself & to my surprise I can pick 31.5 east up,
12012 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 27500 Euronews CNBC,France 24,
12090 V DVB-S/MPEG-2~DVB-S/MPEG-4 27500 Maxxi tv,Moya Dytyna,TVCI "Biss"
12168 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 27500 TV-7 "Biss"
I used to get these when they used Astra 2C but lost them when they changed to Astra 1G looks like the footprint may have moved slightly further in our direction :-righton
 

Attachments

  • astra-1g_western_europe_ku_band_beam_L.webp
    astra-1g_western_europe_ku_band_beam_L.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 30
Also found in my data base after a blind scan:-
11934V 30000 45% Quality Red bars only no lock,
12305H 27500 42% ----------------------------------,

What receiver do I need to view these ?
 
Both frequencies should be easily receivable with any DVB-S2 capable decoder (actually 12304H is plain DVB-S/QPSK), so I'm not sure what the problem might be. I have no problem receive those two frequencies here either with my TBS 6925 or my Dr.HD F15 (I'm pretty sure I can receive them with my Technotrend TT S2-1600 and the Spiderbox 7000HD also, although I didn't try with them).

12304H.webp
 

Attachments

  • 11934V.webp
    11934V.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for your reply I will try the AZBox P+ later on these frequencies.
 
Finally managed to get signals from 31.5E after trying for quite a while! Got signal on 12012V, 12090V & a very weak signal from 12168V, tried others but no luck with anything else. Has anyone noticed if there's any time of day thats better to try this one?
 
Back
Top