36E (Eutelsat 36B)

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I guess I was lucky to catch a hard to get TP straight away, ive tried for certain beams for over 13 months before ive had a lock and I am still trying for some, this dish will make the beams ive been chasing easier, I guess there will be new beams for me to try and chase and I am looking forward to it:).

@Kveys many thanks I will order one,

I found this an interesting read.
Code:
http://www.pixiesat.com/ENG/satellite/36E_Eutelsat_36B_Eutelsat_36A_NTV_Plus_Tricolor_TV.html

shawl_who

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SES7, Yahsat 1A, Yamal 54.9e, express am33 @103e, eutelsat 36b
My Location
New Delhi, India
Its coming from 36000 miles almost straight up. Sea path isnt going to make much difference for satellite signals (unlike say tv or radio transmitter signals).

Unexpected reception is that unusual I agree, Ive had unlikely reception myself in the past but this really is unusual. (However its also fair to say very few folk here in the UK have very large dishes due to lack of room & strict planning rules)

sea route does make difference.
Its never good, if signals have to traverse through big buildings, or have to cross paths with other mobile communication towers, signal jammers, satellite phones, etc etc...

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
@nelson_b have you tried bard again with the change of lnb ? maybe worth a look now pal.

??...... do you mean that elusive (for me) t.p at 7 west ?
tried there last week with this l.n.b - zero signal ....although changing the l.n.b from c120 to a standard l.n.b.,f on the 1.8 resolves things with the 31.5 transponders, as it did with the Russian one today..... it has not done so with the 7 west one ..... i think this is an out of footprint issue with this weak transponder ... :( ... i will no doubt try again with other l.n.b,s sometime :) but its looking unlikely

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
sea route does make difference.
Its never good, if signals have to traverse through big buildings, or have to cross paths with other mobile communication towers, signal jammers, satellite phones, etc etc...

Sea routes have nothing to do with satellite tv - its either side lobe reception due to minute imperfections in the radiator dish up in space or something like hot spot zones caused by constructive interference of the beam. Some of our lads have hypothesised such things exist due to interesting reception characteristics of the UK spots of the Astra 2 craft - many reports of which were a very long way from the sea.

Asd for interference with a coastal receiving location a sea route may seem to exist but that will just be because of no interfering signals from the direction out to sea. The human race is now electrically very noisy and pumping out all sorts of rubbish across the entire electrical spectrum - if you live somewhere electrically quiet (something like like the quiet valley where I live) your reception wont be drowned out by interference - {just a shame Ive got woodland blocking out much of my arc..}

shawl_who

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
New Delhi, India
Sea routes have nothing to do with satellite tv - its either side lobe reception due to minute imperfections in the radiator dish up in space or something like hot spot zones caused by constructive interference of the beam. Some of our lads have hypothesised such things exist due to interesting reception characteristics of the UK spots of the Astra 2 craft - many reports of which were a very long way from the sea.

Asd for interference with a coastal receiving location a sea route may seem to exist but that will just be because of no interfering signals from the direction out to sea. The human race is now electrically very noisy and pumping out all sorts of rubbish across the entire electrical spectrum - if you live somewhere electrically quiet (something like like the quiet valley where I live) your reception wont be drowned out by interference - {just a shame Ive got woodland blocking out much of my arc..}

Somewhat on the lines of what I wanted to convey. ;)

A

Archive-8

Thanks nelson

Well its the same here Alex not a constant lock, but from whats been said and some reading ive done the signal should improve with the correct lnb ?.

Does anyone know where to locate the below LNB in the uk please ?

(The Inverto IDLB-SINR41-H1060-OPP should do instead, covers 11.7...12.75 GHz with our standard 10.6 GHz LO:
http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=47&cat=29
I had the same problem, so I had to import a couple. Me and captain jack has 1 each.

I think I got it from a Finnish sat shop.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Thanks Chris, I checked the link that @Kveys sent me but the P and P was nearly double the price of the LNB I have just sent a message to the ebay shop supplying the normal one ive just ordered, still open to suggestions for this :)

Kveys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125 Gibertini, Stab-120 (30W-86.5E), TM-F3/5/TM-5302HD+230Pf (C-band 40.5W-87.5E)
My Location
Southern Finland
Martin spoke first about Lnb, so if you want I can send my Lnb 4 test. If you already ordered then Chris won:rolleyes:

I dont have any use for it. I bought it because of testing 56E and it is tested now and interests end. I am not after few euros, so will be "gift". I will test it tomorrow that lnb still work Ok. Please pm address and circular go to post on monday...

(we talk about offset Lnb, right?).
Circular 001.JPG

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
There is shop in Latvia selling circular LNBs, but I am not sure whether they send them via post. Interesting that if you choose Russian language than price is 7 EUR but if Latvian than 1,5 EUR more expensive. I know this shop, and I also know that it is possible to bargain price down some 10-20%.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Thanks all, and thanks @Kveys for your kind offer, I have sent you a PM, many thanks :).

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
i am also getting a lock on TNV 11727 V 27500

Hi locking this again tonight. I will have to check if there is any Bi** @36E , it would be nice to get some screen grabs :) I will take a look into it:).

DSCN9566.JPG

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
12092R at 8.0 db, with linear lnb, the strongest tp of Russian beam.
with circular Ku band lnb, I have reception of all tp of Russian beam of Eutelsat 36B, and no one of also Russian beam of Eutelsat 36A.

Hi Adonis, what difference in signal levels do you get on this tp using the circular lnb please, just locking this again today :).

shawl_who

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
New Delhi, India
what is the cost of this inverto lnb ? :rolleyes:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
About 5 Euros...

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
And 24 euro for delivery I was quoted :(, I am not tight far from it, but where do some companies get there delivery prices from I will never know :(, it was the same when I was looking at actuators delivery was ridicules.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
47.70 the highest price, I could get myself home cheaper lol
DSCN9623.JPG

Kveys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125 Gibertini, Stab-120 (30W-86.5E), TM-F3/5/TM-5302HD+230Pf (C-band 40.5W-87.5E)
My Location
Southern Finland
^ We´ll see, am I eat anything on next week, or shall I give all my moneys to our local post tomorrow when send Inverto to Martin:-rofl2

(joke only):)

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
You best tell me where to send the paypal payment Kveys don't want to leave you short pal :(, please dont bother with business class :eek::D.

Kveys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern Finland
Heheh no problem really Martin:) I made offer at first and sure not waiting any return service or not trying to do anything difficult anyway. This Lnb need more to be in use than only locked my wardrobe (wifey hate my recievers, lnb:s, etc stuff):p