36V or H-H USALS

New2It

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, HH120 Discq notor with Triax 1.1m
My current H-H motor is losing its preset positions regularly so it’s now time to update my system.

I am looking for a system that is both reliable and accurate (as I intend to use USALS).

The current setup uses a H-H motor with a 1.1m dish that is mounted on an outhouse with the dish and motor clearing the top of the flat roof. It uses a long pole supported at two locations.

Is it better to use a 36V system or stick with an H-H mount? What are the pros and cons?

In either case what are the best items to use for dish, mount, lnb and cable as this time I want the best system (without excessive costs) that I can get but it must last for a long time.

Thanks in advance.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
This recent Thread covers some of the ground :)

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
If you intend to go down 36v route you wont be able to use USALS and chances are dependant upon the receiver you have you will need a Vbox (positioner) to convert box pulses to move a 36 v motor . Very unlikely that you will have a reciever that doesnt require vbox as few and far between.

With a 1.1 mtr dish i personally would go down 36v route unless dish was low down or not going to be battered by the elements. You will find dish will move faster and whole set up will be stronger.

36v will be more expensive as initial set up costs and equipment are greater.

If your hands on cheapest option is buy diseqc motor and be prepared to change whenever it wears out.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The Triax 1.1 is only 1m really (101cm), got mine on the usual Moteck/Technomate Diseqc motor above an outhouse roof, operating without problem.

The pro's for the H-H Diseqc motor really are just cheapness and USALS.

There are listed on various sites 36V H-H motors lke the Jaeger SMR-99G, which will be faster than the Diseqc motors.

New2It

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, HH120 Discq notor with Triax 1.1m
Having looked through the threads I think I will forgo USALS and go with 36V system.

The threads all seem to mention a Jaeger 1224 mount and then say that it is no longer available!

I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know what a good system components would be (mounted about 10 foot on an outhouse with no obstruction).

Many thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
New2It said:
Having looked through the threads I think I will forgo USALS and go with 36V system.

The threads all seem to mention a Jaeger 1224 mount and then say that it is no longer available!

I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know what a good system components would be (mounted about 10 foot on an outhouse with no obstruction).

Many thanks

Either the Jaeger 99G or you can get a polar mount and jack for the Triax dish.